1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Meyer Plow MOUNT 96 F250

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by RoGrrr, Nov 10, 2008.

1. RoGrrr

RoGrrr Junior Member

I have a Meyer plow from my 97 Dodge 2500 and want to move it to my F250. I'm looking for a mount for the Ford so I don't have to modify my Dodge mount. I would also like to sell the Dodge mount.
    Central Ohio
  2. sd250

sd250 Junior Member

If you still need the mount i got one coming off a 96 f250 bthis weekend if your still interested let me know. my email is baierleins@coned.com
  3. RoGrrr

RoGrrr Junior Member

OK, I forgot to mention that my 96 Ford is a 7.3 PSD. I talked with Meyer today and they said that some of the Fords won't accept their mounts/plows.
    I asked what the differences are. I was told that when Ford publishes their body/frame book and they don't recommend plows for certain models, Meyer doesn't even look at the frame and doesn't design a mount. Consequently, they have no idea what the differences are.

So what I'm looking for is someone who has a 96 PSD with a Meyer plow. I need to know what model number the mount is. If I can find one, I'd like to buy it.

4. RoGrrr

RoGrrr Junior Member

I also forgot to add that 96 F250 has a different frame than the 96 F350. He didn't tell me what the difference is but they make a mount for the 350 but not the 250.