1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB manual gm towing mirrors!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WilliamOak, Apr 28, 2010.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Like the title says, I'm lookin for some gm towing mirrors to put on my new to me chevy obs dump and I heard that with some redrilling the mirrors off the nbs trucks will fit. I don't need power/heat just manual. Not lookin to spend a whole lot and if you know of anywhere to get them let me know! I think they'll really dress the truck up!

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

i have some factory tow mirriors off a 2002. they were on there one summer if you are interested 100 bucks plus shipping they are boxed in the original gm shipping box yet so they are ready to go

3. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

4. WilliamOak

so they look like this?

GM towing mirrors.jpg

5. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

no they look differnt than those

6. WilliamOak

Damn. Thats the style I'm after!

7. duraplow

duraplow Member

I just put a pair of those on my 06 Chevy 2500HD last month. Check Ebay search Chevy Tow Mirrors and theres about 3 pages of results. I got mine for $156.00 including shipping.

8. WilliamOak

For the pair pair or each?

9. duraplow

duraplow Member

The pair. My DMax came with the same mirrors as Fordboy's and they suck espically towing. The Convex lense takes all your side vison away not a well designed mirror

10. WilliamOak

Do you happen to have the link or remember the seller for your mirrors? I have found a ton of manual ones for $149.95 or so w/ free shipping but for some reason I'm a bit leary. I'd much rather go with a seller I know someone is happy with!

11. duraplow

duraplow Member

They came from a company Racing Guys out in Cali. I go by a sellers feedback score and feedback from other buyers

12. WilliamOak

Gotcha! Call me ignorant but the year they list in the ad doesnt matter right? There were'nt ever any changes to the mirror by GM or am I missing something?

13. duraplow

duraplow Member

Well they make ones that fit the "Classic" style from 99-07, but the new body style from 07-11 wont fit.

14. WilliamOak

What changed?
    I'm putting them on a '93 so I'm thinking it wouldnt matter what year they're "supposed" to fit as I'm going to have to re-drill/drill some additional holes anyway.

15. duraplow

duraplow Member

Your probly right but Im gonna guess and say the older model will probly fit closer around the door.