1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB- LED mini lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by tclark1, Oct 21, 2011.

1. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

I am wanting a LED mini Lightbar in amber color? Does anyone have one for sale or know where I could get a good one at? Not really wanting to spend over $200.00 any ideas? or am I needing to increase my budget?

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

check your messages
  3. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

4. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

We have that Sound Off bar which for the money is a great little light bar. That is one of the lesser expensive LED models and anything you find for less is sure to be of questionable quality and light output.
  5. PrecisionSnow

PrecisionSnow Member

We are looking to purchase mini lightbars for some of our skid-steers and trucks. Both of these seem to be decent and the price is within 15% of each other.

Sound Off - Pinnacle
    Federal Signal - Highlighter

Any thoughts?
  6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I do not carry the Federal Highlighter because the light output does not have a very good vertical spread. When we tested the light it offered full 360 degree output however its light goes out in a straight line. Meaning that if you are not at eye level you do not get the full intensity of the light. the vertical spread of the Sound Off or Whelen Responder proved much greater. When mounted up on a taller vehicle you seem to loose more light.