1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB HookLift Truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ImpressPlowing, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

Like the title says I'm looking for a hook lift truck

2. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Check Craigslist in Philly pa there is a 08 dodge

3. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

what size truck? one ton, single axle, tri axle? what size hook 36" 54" or 61" what kind of wheel base? tranny auto or manual ?

that info may help. price range?

I think i know of about every hooklift available for sale in America right now.

4. newhere

from Fenton

are you going to use it for plowing alot? if so i may know of the perfect truck.

5. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

How and or why do u know this?

6. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

Looking for a f450 or f550, price range is little as possible and yes I will be using for plowing of coarse lol

7. newhere

from Fenton

because i have been looking for a good one at a good price for about a year now.

but you got me on that because i dont really pay attention to the 450/550 trucks. To small to get anything done.

I know of a few mint trucks in the 40-45 range. i think 2008 f-450/550 4x4 36" hook low miles loaded out. Is that out of the price range?

8. newhere

from Fenton

a 450/550 is kinda a rare truck, not alot of them out there because the payload is so limited. I would look for a nice cab and chassis and instal a hook once you find a good one.

9. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

So what kind of hook lifts do you know of? Also if I were to get a larger truck wouldnt it make more sense to just get a roll off? Lol

10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

The problem with the bigger 25.5k or 33k trucks is they are not 4wd and arnt very good at plowing parking lots... So there for a 19.5 4wd truck has many advantages...

11. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

We are looking for it to move equipment, and light demo material and obv plow lots

12. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

If you cant plow in 2wd youre just queer

13. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

Actually I do plow in a 2wd as your not supposed to plow in 4wd, but having 4wd as a back up Incase you get stuck in a lot of snow is good,

14. newhere

from Fenton

baaahahahaha i just spit on my computer screen!!!

15. newhere

from Fenton

this is not true at all. At all.

16. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

i have both a ford f550 and kw t300 with hooklifts. the f550 is 2wd and we plow with it just fine has never been stuck..
    for moving equipment i wouldnt go with a f550.. The only thing we move with that truck is our ventrac or dingo..
    the t300 always has the 50d or the 304 in it..

17. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Not to sound like a ******. But what is better a hook lift or a roll off and why

18. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Any pics of that T300 hook? What kind of payload can u haul? Or better yet, whats the empty weight?

19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

yup they are just a dime a dozen to find a 4x4 33k truck...........

20. goinggreen

goinggreen Senior Member