1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Hininker V; selling 9' straight blade

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Snaaar, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

In southeast PA. We want to upgrade from a straight blade (works fine - never failed) to a V-plow due to the application. I believe the forks are the same for both. Our plow is a 2000 I think. Since the truck is a 97 Dodge dually, I suppose a 9.5' V is what we are after.
  2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Remember you will need a new harness for a V. Rack is the same though. I would recommend a 9' scoop. Then you dont have to rewire your truck.
  3. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Here's a link to my post. The V-harness is good and would be what you'd need to upgrade. Reuse your light pigtails and the power solenoid as well as the grill mount for the plugs. $225 for the harness alone.

I found that my V-controller may be shot and need a new joystick module. I haven't looked into it yet so I don't feel right offering it.

Good luck to ya!