1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Hiniker plow stand.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Duncan90si, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I bought a truck with a Hiniker plow on it and the stand or foot you lower when disconnecting the plow is missing, so I'm using blocks of wood for now. Does anyone have an extra stand laying around that you want to sell for a few bucks?

2. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

I've read a couple of times on the Hiniker threads that these tend to be a problem. Memory seemed to be the #1 culprit here, forgetting to pick it up. From the looks of mine, seems like you could fab something up yourself out of pipe and a cap plug maybe? I don't know how handy you are or how expensive these are. I haven't needed to replace mine yet, but it did seem stuck in the "up" position last time I checked, hmmmm.......

3. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I know I can make something work. I've got the welder and torches out in the garage. I was just curious to see if anyone had one laying around. If not, I'll make one, no big deal. I actually don't even know what the stand itself looks like. Is it spring loaded or do you just slide a pin through a hole? I looked on their website and it doesn't have any close up pictures. All I have is a vertical tube in the plow frame with some holes in it.

4. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Yeah, it's got rows of holes so you can pin it at a few differen't heights and a flat, square foot welded to it. I can post a close-up of mine after I get done with my truck brakes today.

5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thanks a lot, that would be a great help. Then I'll just make one and won't have to worry about buying one.

6. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

i have one duncan, we never use ours, however it does work!

if you are interested, please call my cell 814 525 1269. we are in the process this week getting our plows ready, so let me know either way.

brandon

7. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Here're a couple of pics....if I did it right ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Alignment holes are spread apart more that the holes on the mounting bracket so there's a greater range of adjustment. Hope this helps out.

8. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thanks, I appreciate it. Thats what I was assuming it looked like.