1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Hardtop

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by misanthrope, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Anyone have or know of someone in the southern NY area that has a hardtop for sale? I've checked e-bay but figured i would check here as well. It would be for a 98 with full doors. Thanks

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

3. found one....

Local guy has one for $700 in mint condition......is that a good price? its off a 97 with full doors....mine is a 98 with full doors......

4. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

for a 97 no, talk him down, i sold mine off a 2000 for 500

5. addicted

addicted Senior Member

700 is about average from what i have seen in the NYC area. 500 is way low, unless its damaged(maybe location has something to do with it). The doors you have are irrelevent. They all work together. Try to get the wiring harness and washer pump for it too.

6. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

500 is normal for my area, had no wiring harness and no defrost

7. addicted

addicted Senior Member

I'm referring to an OEM top. Others will likely be cheaper, but IMHO, you need the defroster and washer.

8. Thanks all

Yeah i think i can get him to $600 i will find out about the washer pump. If it is not included, what would be the cost for the pump harnes and mounting kit? I think i saw mounting kits for $20 on ebay.

9. I wasn't sure it the doors were an issue,i thought with older jeeps you had to specify.....Im a noob when it comes to Jeep

10. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I wouldn't lose that deal. As long as it's in good shape it's worth 700.00. He could even say it's from an 01 and if the condition warrents it, you would never know. I believe hardtops fit from 97-03.
    I'm looking for full doors, if anyone knows of somebody selling them let me know...Thanks

11. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

97 and up use the same hard top, with soft or hard doors, if the top for $700 is oem with washer and wiper, I'd jump on it. adding those to an aftermarket top is a pita!

12. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

yeah, for sure, if it's OEM it's a great deal. I've heard that rear glass costs $500 on it's own.

-Jer

13. Craigslist has someone selling soft doors for $250........in ny area

14. I'm looking at it tomorrow.....thanks all

15. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

Thanks but I'm looking for full steel doors.

16. doors

what type of jeep you got....pair of steel yj doors in beacon ny for $350 each i thing.....

17. got jeep and hardtop today...jeep had harness and pump in it.....along with an inch o water......