1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB-Fuel transfer tank/toolbox

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by korelandscaping, Feb 2, 2006.

1. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I'm looking to buy a diamond plate fuel transfer tank w/ toolbox to fit a full size p/u. I don't feel like spending 1200.00.(with the pump) If anyone knows of anyone selling one, let me know. Thanks

2. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Tank

Watch ebay, they usually pop up on there from time to time, hardest part is finding them, keywords don't help in the search...

I usually use "fill rite" and others along those lines to find them.

Good Luck

3. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

tANK

One just ended for like $240 or somethign...

4. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

Thanks for the info, I'll keep searching.

5. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

My friend just bought a decent one from Tractor supply and it wasnt crazy money.

6. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

One suggestion I have is avoid the L shaped tanks. I have one and am not happy with it. When fuel is low and truck on slant you cant get to fuel. In next few months I plan on selling mine and buying a regular tank.

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i always thought that and also my 03 is a short bed and when i bought mine about 2 months ago it didnt fit so i needed a regular one

8. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I perfer a combo box simply for the diversity and size. I don't need anything over 50 gal plus I have a short bed.

9. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Swap?

I have an L shaped tank with a silver diamond plate tool box that fits on top of it and sits level with the top of the tank.

I want to keep my sander on with the tank when required so I'm looking for a vertical tank, (no L shape) to swap if anyone out there has one.
    Otherwise I will always sell outright.

Has a red fill rite with blue hose and nozzle. I think the blue hose is the low temp hose that stays flex all the time.
    New particulate filter a few months ago. Pump is strong and never had a problem with pump lifting fuel.

I'm located on Long Island in New York. I'd much prefer a swap, as I need a tank for the truck and for machines so... Anyone? Tank is a weatherguard I think... It's got two eyelets on top for lifting out, but we've always moved it manually (when empty of course)

10. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I know you said you wanted to trade but how much if you wanted to sell it? PM me and let me know. Thanks

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

koreland he has an L shape tank and it wont fit with your wheel wells in the shortbed

12. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

ah ha...thanks