1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Ford Bed in New England

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by frostypuck, Feb 1, 2008.

1. frostypuck

frostypuck Member

Looking to buy an 8 foot F150, F250, or F350 bed to fit 1990 F350 Single rear wheels. I think anything from about '81 to 96 will fit. Needs to have dual fuel doors and tailgate.
    Looking to spend $200-$300.
    Thanks,
    Chris in Boston

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

$2-300? Unless the market is a lot different there than here, I'd say I doubt it. Most rust free truck beds go for a grand here, at least $500 for something "workable".

Or do what I did for my S15--buy one on ebay because no one wants to ship them (or pay to ship one) and go get it. I found a southern one brought up to PA for $300... but I had to truck it from there, felt it was a steal.

I do have a pair of rust free complete doors to fit your truck if you feel like a road trip....

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i have just that off a 1993, even a drop in liner. tailgate works perfect in good shape. will need sum rust work on the wheel wells and around the edges but overall its useable. i only took it off to put an 8ft dumping flatbed on my truck. i would trade for an 8ft dumping flat bed or even a 8ft flat bed.

not sure what its worth but i need a get something off it to pay for the dumping flatbed.

4. frostypuck

frostypuck Member

I did do my research, the several boneyards I went to, said in the 2 or 3 hundred range for what I was looking for, considering there were millions of these trucks, and loads are in yards, now, it's not inconceivable. I figured I'd give the guys here an opportunity to put some cash in their pocket, rather than some recyclers.
    Later,
    Chris

5. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

frostypuck - Let's see if we can get a 2fer deal. i need one too for my 93 F-250.

6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

u sure u want a pick up bed i got a nice work box it was new in 04

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Well if you were looking to spend a bit more you could get a real nice New Mexican F250 4x2 for $3400 right here in Cenral Mass.

My brother has a super clean south western F250 4x2 from New Mexico would make a great canidate for a 4x4 frame swap, I've been tempted! lol

If you know anyone looking for a rust free straight F250 4x2 call me 508 753 6617

Jay