1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Fisher Rubber Deflector 8' Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ram_tough2001, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

hey guys im looking for a rubber deflector for a fisher plow. id really like it to be the fisher accessory. its for an 8 foot hd, im getting a new plow in a couple weeks, but i dont want to pay the 300 dollar price tag on a new one.

if anyone has one im interested, and my zipcode is 03839, id rather have it be local though if at al possible.

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Just go down to the local quarry, and see if they have any old rubber conveyor belting. I have this on everyone of my plows, and it works great. I usually pick up about a 50 foot roll 2 feet wide for 20 to 25 dollars.

3. ram_tough2001

i dont have any quarry around here that i know of..... im in NH

4. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Even an excavating place or somewhere that processes mulch and loam. Then just get a piece of steel flat bar to clamp it between and your in business

5. ram_tough2001

hmmm ill have to look into it. not sure there is anything like that near me.

6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I got a rubber deflector for a 8' boss with all hardware it would work on a fisher also......let me know if interested its brand new in box

7. ram_tough2001

how much, and do you have pics?

8. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Any rubber supply places near you? Thats where i get mine from. Bout 15 bucks for an 8ft x 8" piece and then all you need is some bolts and flat stock. Should be able to piece one together for around 30 bucks or so

9. ram_tough2001

no rubber suppliers that i know of.... i found one on ebay that im bidding on, and ends in the next day or 2. i want to be into it for under 100-150, and so far its ooking good.

but seriously if anyone has a fisher branded deflector, and has the fisher logo on it, im all ears.

tuffscapes, im still waiting to hear back from you, with a price and some pics. i pm'ed you, so just let me know through that.

10. ram_tough2001

well, i won the one that i put a bid in for on ebay. gonna cost me 53.50 shipped. its a western deflector, so i might get a fisher decal stencil, and spray bomb it on.

11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

why do you have an 8' plow on a half ton?

12. ram_tough2001

because i didnt want a 7.6... i opted for an 8' because of the upgrades i could do to my truck to support it. this thing plows great with an 8' i wouldnt try it with any other half ton. my truck has a SFA so the 2500/3500 diesel coil springs are a direct swap. when i pick up my plow my truck drops 3/4" maybe less.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  13. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

idk i guess if your careful and nice to your truck youd be ok id still be worried about the half ton trans and ball joints and wheel bearings and u joints.

14. ram_tough2001

trans has less than 30k on it, also the same trans is behind the 3/4 ton 5.9 gassers, with a tougher t-case. wheel bearings are fine, and the ball joints will be replaced in the spring. third season of plowing with the same ball joint from when i bought the truck in 09. u joints are new as well. i do my own work, so i know everythin is ok.