1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Fisher Push Plates and wiring for EZ V on a 2012 GMC HD

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by joea47, Oct 12, 2015.

1. joea47

joea47 Junior Member

Hello, I just bought a 2012 GMC 2500 HD and I would like to install the Minute 2 EZ V I had on my 2003 Chevy 2500 Avalanche. The avalanche is going up for sale and I was planning to leave the plow frame and wiring on it as I believe the only piece that would be usable on the 2012 is the plow control harness.

So I am looking for the mounts (7192 I believe) the 2 post isolation box, the headlight wiring and a control harness (26346 ?) and I will my 10 pin controller.

Anyone have any or all of this for sale ? I am in the Albany NY area so closer the better as shipping on the plates can be prohibitive.

Also would be open to tips on where the best on line prices are for the harnesses, locally I being told the V control harness is $ 350.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Also, 2003 Avalanche 2500 for sale, 8.1 with 4.10 gears, class 5 hitch, leather, bose, sunroof, rear dvd etc.... new 10 ply Rotiva tires, shocks, breaks, wheel bearings etc... $ 8,500 set up for fisher EZ-V with Timbrens up front and severe duty clutch fan. Ready to go.

2. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Depending on what you have exactly on the Avalanche, more than you think will cross over on the wiring side.

Plates - you are correct, remove or leave them on old truck, will need 7192 for new one.
    Wiring - Do you have the green module? If a green module (doesn't matter 3 port or 4 port), the only thing you really need to do is get a set of HB4 to H11 adapters (search the part #, unless its disco'd). If it is disco, still all you would need would be a new set of truck headlight wires.

While the eMatch will show a different plow light harness required, the only reason is because it includes a relay that disables the low beams when the high beams turn on to override the truck setup that puts all 4 on. I have been told that using the old/regular harness that doesnt have that relay wont hurt the truck, wiring or the plow headlights themselves, and I know plenty of folks on here do the same without issue.

HTH

My '02 2500HD with the 8.1L and Allison is up for sale too, so I know exactly what you're going through :)

3. joea47

joea47 Junior Member

Thank you for the information. Crazy to buy a new isolation module over that small of a difference. I may look for a used older harness and those adapters. I think I have a green module on the shelf already. I will probably try to leave the old truck as complete as possible as it may help sell it.

Thanks again. This site has never failed me. A while ago I had a straight blade on another truck and it had an issue and I found step by step diagnostics on here and saved a bunch of time and money.

Anyone know of a place that discounts fisher parts and plates ?

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Up to you, but I'd argue unless you are selling the old truck with a plow on it, you are better off removing everything and reusing what you I noted and selling/trading the rest.

Arc Burn is a dealer located in NY, I'd try him first, and if not, there are a few other board members who are reasonably close but shipping plates isn't cheap. Good luck!

5. joea47

joea47 Junior Member

Thanks, I will think this through a bit more. Would you or anyone know the name of Arc Burn's store or shop ?

Thanks again.