1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Fisher belt driven hydraulic parts for 454 Chevy

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MDI2500HD, Feb 11, 2012.

1. MDI2500HD

MDI2500HD Junior Member
    from Maine

Hey, I just bought an 8' Fisher MM1 off a late 80's/ early 90's F350 with the belt driven pump and remote reservoir. The deal was really good so I jumped on it without doing my homework first. I have a 99 Suburban 2500 with a 454, and I guess Fisher doesn't make the truck side kit for my truck anymore. I got new push plates and I can make the wiring work, all I need is the drive sheave, and mounting bracket for the pump. I guess a sheave for any year Vortec, or TBI engine will work. Let me know if you have either or both, I can always make a pump bracket if I need to. Thanks, John

2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Just think of the gas you will burn with a rig like that. Why not instill a newer Electric over hydraulic pump and motor on the Fisher.All you would have to do is weild a bracket to the fisher frame and run the hoses and wire it up. Would also save you time when your plowing.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Oh, it's not that bad on fuel consumption. It's 454 to begin with, so anything else isn't going to matter that much.

I vote for the belt pump, I hate electric pumps with a passion. Really all you need is an accessory drive pulley, or a longer serpentine belt to run in-line with all the other components.

Sweetk on here is all about chevys and his fisher auxiliary pump, might want to contact him and see what he has to say.

4. MDI2500HD

MDI2500HD Junior Member
    from Maine

The gas mileage really isn't that bad, I only drive it about 100 miles a week anyways. I was only planning to plow my own driveway, and I only bought the plow because it was a really good deal. If I buy a whole electric over hydraulic set up the plow isn't really that great of a deal anymore.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have an 8215 bracket. I was running it on my 96 350 with a couple of mods. I don't know if the AC/PS bracket is the same on the big block as the small block. If it is, should work fine. I have the crank pulley too.

6. MDI2500HD

MDI2500HD Junior Member
    from Maine

My set up has the remote reservoir, so I don't think that bracket would work. Thanks though.