1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Fisher 9-10 ft. Plow, Straitblade

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by White Gardens, Jan 3, 2011.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I need to replace the A-arm, cutting edge and possibly the angle cylinders.

So I'm searching around exploring my options and I figured I could look for the used moldboard.

Basically I just want to swap it with my MM2 that I already have and I don't need a pump with the hydraulics I have.

So, if you got a 9-10 foot moldboard and a-frame to sell, then let me know.

Thanks.

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have a 10' HC for sale...................not what you are looking for exactly, but......................

3. White Gardens

I think it would work. The A-frame looks like it would attach to my headgear with no problems.

Do you have any Pics?- PM me if you want.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I may have pics on hand, I'll look. I had fabbed the mount side to accomodate a meyer mount, but left the Fisher ears in place. BUT you won't need that anyhow. The board is very nice, good cutting edge, deflector, etc... A few of the trip springs were damaged but I did get 4 replacements that I haven't installed yet. They were like $65 or so each. The angle rams are 2".

I'll dig up pics and get back with you.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here's an old pic, and in the dark but you get the idea. You can see the messed up springs. I'll sell with or without the new ones if you wanted to make something work instead. I can return them. $1,000 with everything, $750 without the new springs

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  7. White Gardens

I'm thinking the ears on the A-frame are the same distance for all the plows and the MM2 headgear should attach to almost any A-frame/moldboard I put on it.

My truck should be OK to put a bit heavier plow on it. I've also contemplated putting air-bags on the front to help with sag when I have no ballast in the dump bed.

I might call a Fisher Dealer today and get the skinny.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks for that info sweetk30, I am not very educated on Fisher plows.

And White Gardens, let me know what you find out. If it works out for you that'll be great. The plow really isn't going anywhere soon. I had just recently changed plans with the truck it was going on, so I'm kindof stuck with it for the time being. I'd rather see it go to good use rather than sitting here doing nothing with hopes of someday putting it to work.

9. White Gardens

Thanks for the responses guys and I'll keep that plow in mind got-h2o.

I just was brainstorming this morning about my next move on my plow. Like stated it needs some work and it might be just more cost effective to do a minor replacement. It will take a week or so to figure out what I'm doing.