1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wtb f 550

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ServiceOnSite, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

As much as im a die hard gm guy im looking to buy a ford. If i buy a 4wd dump truck then it replaces 2 trucks for me as i wont have a summer only truck and a winter only truck. Tha 550 is still a pick up style which means i can still fit in smaller places than with a topkick or such.

If you guys have something email me price and pics. I would like to get a diesel dump 4x4 if it has a plow that would be a bonus.

what i want and what ill get depend on the price. ive got around 17k to play with but if i needed a little more i could come up. thanks in advance guys.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Where were you about 3 weeksago?

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i would really think hard before buying a 6.0 power stroke.

JR

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

im more looking for a 7.3 powerstroke

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

the 6.0 in 06 and 07 were great but i wish they would bring back the 7.3 and i never thought about the 6.4 after owing an 2003 6.0 with nothing but trouble. I now have 4 6.0 and none of them have given me any trouble all are 06 and 07s for that price you should be able to find a nice 2003 7.3 or a 2002 or may be even a 05 6.0 which were still good