1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Dump truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by DBL, Feb 19, 2006.

1. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

We are currently looking to buy a medium duty dump truck (350(0) - 550(0)) 4x4 preferably with a plow and spreader
    our budget is about $12,000 so if anyone has anything please let us know
    thanks tom

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

No one has one???? weve uped our price range to around 15k too so let me know guys
    thanks

3. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

i have a 1995 International Stake body low pro, $19,500.00

Let me know

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

HAHHAHAHHAH

Not sure if you are smoking dope or something. But $12,000 isn't going to get you all that stuff that isn't beat to death or really old. You really need to look trying come up with a bigger budget. More along the lines of $20,000 or more. Remember its all about proffesional image. So you can't have old beat up equipment.

But I paid $29,000 in june for a 1999 F-350 dump with 11,000 miles with central hydro, plow and spreader.

There is a guy on here that is trying to sell his 1999 F-450 dump with 9' fisher for $22,000.

5. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Might be interested in selling my 1991 F-Super Duty Dump Truck w/9'Western plow. Truck has approx. 90,000 miles on it. Last year for the 7.3 Internation Harvester Diesel engine in it. The truck has a 3yd box on it. Truck was actually a City vehicle. Let me know if interested e-mail at keith_480231@talkamerica.net or pm me here.

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

when youre first starting out in a bussiness you cant have all nice things we sprung to buy my truck so leave us alone if we dont have 30k to go out adn spend on a new truck theres plenty of starter dumps out there for our price range

7. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Hey Tom the company i work for has a 1990 F-350 4x4 dump with a 9 foot western and an 8.1L (i believe) gasser in it. Real strong truck..i've pulled 9,000 pounds with it no sweat before. I know they were trying to sell it for awhile but dont know if they sold it yet. Its not in the best of shape...steering vibrates everynow and then, but its a real good starter truck. I can email my boss and see if he's still got it for sale if you want.

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I have been just doing driveways and mowing par-time since I was 13 with about 13 properties. This year I decided to going full time. I started out with just some of my mowing equipment and kubota tractor from last year. So in my 1st full time season I was able to buy a dump, enclosed trailer, skid loader and a bunch of other junk from just the profit from this year doing landscaping because it didn't even snow enough to pay for the new protech, cab, plow, and blower for my kubota.

Either your not charging enough for each job or have poor money management skills or no business plan or no/poor credit.

I would really like you to show me where you can buy a 4x4 F-550 for $15,000. Cause I know guys would line up and around the block to buy them for that price.

If anything take that $15,000 and use it as a down payment for a dump truck. Then get a loan for another $15,000. Which is what I did. This was the first time I ever got a loan by myself. The guy at the dealership total me there was no way in hell I could get a loan cause of my age and shortness of my credit history. Till I wrote him a check for $15,000 and told him just give me a loan for the rest. After he removed his jaw from his desk in shock, I got the loan.

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

hey brian shoot me some more info like millage and other good stuffand if you guys have any pics that would be great too
    DouglasBros@aol.com
    thanks
    tom

10. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

I couldnt find anything resonable for within 20 that wasnt beat, I bit the bullet and bought a brand new one because a decent used one was gonna run me about $25,000. Its worth it to spend the extra money and get something that looks nice and will run without any problems. You could also consider selling one or two of your other trucks to buy a nicer dump that will do more work than the pickups.
    James

11. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

No one interested eh? That's ok I will keep my truck and have no payments. Truck will last at least another 5 years. Excellent mechanical shape.

12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

were looking to sell the 91 i will post it now

13. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I am interested! Just emailed you.

Thanks

14. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

DBL: Im not sure if we talked or not about my truck. I honestly can't remember. (Been working too much haha) It's still for sale and I can email some pictures if you would like. Good luck with everything.

15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

im open to just about anything now so let me know

16. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

Alright im gonna try to get some time to post a thread with pictures but if u want shoot me an email at Emerscape@yahoo.com and ill hook you up with some photos. I noticed in your link you have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500.. Makes me miss mine so much . I traded it in for a 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer to let the girlfriend and our newfoundland drive since I take the train to work now.. what a great truck it was

17. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i love dodges and wish i could find a dodge dump but theyre hard to come by but i kind of remember a thread about yore truck but just send me an email with the specifics to DouglasBros@aol.com
    thanks
    tom

18. mr.plow 2

mr.plow 2 Member

dump for sale

just seen a dodge 3500 with plow 50,000 miles buy it now 15.900 look at e bay the item number is 4616038603 better not let it get away good luck

19. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I found another Dodge dump with a plow for ya on ebay 4615994961

20. sunriseturf

sunriseturf Member

I've got a 1999 F350 V8 with a western 8.5 V PLow with Ultra-Mount. The truck doesn't have 4x4 but it is a 12ft stake body dump with a 1600 pound lift gate on the back. (Great for off loading plant material without a loader) Runs great and has 70000 miles. Throw a spreader in the back and you shouldn't't really need 4X4. Slips around every now and then when you plow without a spreader or weight but when loaded up it's ok. $17500 obo

I have a 1992 F Superduty diesel with a 7.5 western straight blade with the unimount. Truck has a tool box and a 12ft stakebody dump. 7.3 Liter diesel with 120K miles on it and am asking $11500.

I would like to talk to you about possibly doing some work next with us down in your area. If you interested call me at 215.836.9797