1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Complete plow set up 2004 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Stresst, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Stresst

Stresst Junior Member
    from NYC

I am looking for a complete set up for a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. Located in NY (11379) but will travel within 100 miles give or take. May travel further for the rite deal. Please reply with description, pics and price. Thanks in advance!
  2. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Hey that's what I have... :)
  3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I had one and it didn't hold up worth a $#!& for plowing. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did. Word of advice, buy a half ton plow not a heavy duty one
  4. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

All about how you treat the equipment. Right size the plow and drive reasonably and it will hold up. Transmissions are solid. Front ends are average. If you have an 800 pound blade you can expect the front end parts to wear. I run the SnowDogg and it is a relatively light plow. I've added the backdrag blade as well so I'm somwhere around 500lbs. Most selectors stop around 700lbs. I run 480 lbs ballast and it seems to be in a sweet spot. Pushes well. There are guys on the Dodge links with bigger plows and lots of miles.

Your mileage experience may vary but I have had no real issues in three years on the truck. Have a tie rod end that is going but it will wait til it's warmer.