1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB coil springs

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MoparPlowJockey, Dec 9, 2008.

1. MoparPlowJockey

MoparPlowJockey Member
    from Indiana

I have an 01 Ram 1500 and need heavier springs for plowing. I am looking for #038 and #039 springs. Thanks in advance for any help

2. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I have a set off a 2500 diesel. I will check the part #. THere is still a tag attacjhed to the springs. Do you know what the full part # are for the 038-039 springs?

3. MoparPlowJockey

MoparPlowJockey Member
    from Indiana

No I don't. I was at the Dodge Dealership checking on them today and they kept the part numbers. I was told the 2500 Diesel springs were the ones I needed. How much for them? I can get the part numbers tomorrow if that helps you. Also the last eight of your VIN if you don't mind. If I have it I can give it to the Parts Mgr and he can tell by that what size springs were on the truck. Thanks for the quick response. Dodge wants an arm and leg for these.

4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

My buddy bought them used so i dont have the doner vehicle vin. The tags on both springs have the same # (P) 52121621 AA . He paid $85 for the pair.

5. MoparPlowJockey

MoparPlowJockey Member
    from Indiana

Not sure if those will work on my truck. That part number is I think for the 03 and newer trucks. The part number on the older trucks will include the 038 or 039 annd will be the last three of the part number. I found your part number listed on another forum and they complain about those bottoming out. Same problem I am having with my current springs. Do you know what year of truck these came off of?

6. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Go to car-parts.com

7. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

That is all the info i have on them.

8. MoparPlowJockey

MoparPlowJockey Member
    from Indiana

Nevnrf,
    Thanks for your help. I will keep looking.

9. MoparPlowJockey

MoparPlowJockey Member
    from Indiana

10. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Are you sure they are just diesel spring? I have a set off of a '99 with the plow prep. Took them off when the truck had like 3,000 miles. The only reason they came off is because I installed a Whiplash lift kit.

11. MoparPlowJockey

MoparPlowJockey Member
    from Indiana

Not 100%. Do you have the VIN# of the truck and I will check with my friend at the Dodge Dealership and he can tell me what springs were on it. Was your truck a 2500? How much do you want for them if they are what I want? You can email me at gd_armstrong@verizon.net. Thanks