1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Center Shoe

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dlatulip, Dec 4, 2008.

1. dlatulip

dlatulip Junior Member

Need a new center shoe for a Boss RTII V plow. Yes I wear my shoes. I plow about 4 miles of poorly made gravel (Rock) roads.

I just installed the new $$$ blades and decided to run the center shoe and it actually got snapped off.

Should be able to get it into one of those flat rate boxes from the post office. If anyone has one to sell I can use PAYPAL to pay you if you have it.

2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I believe I have at least 2 slightly used shoes and maybe even a center rubber. I will look when I get to the shop in the morning.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I need the center rubber piece.
  4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

if you are talking about the rubber center shoe make sure that the bolt that goes into the center pin did not snap off. otherwise you need to replace the center pin which is just a load of fun.
  5. dlatulip

dlatulip Junior Member

Thanks... My plow did not come with the center rubber. I has a steel round shoe similar to the outer shoes but smaller in dia. I imagine I can run an outer shoe in the middle.

Let me know if you have them and how much.

Thanks again...
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

RT2's don't have the rubber. Proper Boss shoes are cast iron, for a while cheapie stamped steel ones were available but I broke a bunch of them. The cast ones are around $30 each at the dealer. Center one is different than the outers.
  7. dlatulip

dlatulip Junior Member

Correct!! Mine broke right at the base where the center rod attaches to the bottom. Looks almost like there was a pin though it.

Local dealer is 100 Miles away and doesn't have any.

Still looking...
  8. Earthscapes

from WNY

Sorry guys, lost a motherboard. I'm back online now. Heading to the shop soon.
  9. mnnorthwoods

mnnorthwoods Junior Member

I have the RII 8'2" V and I plow 2 miles of rock/gravel logging road. After replacing over 5 center shoes I just left it off and seems to work fine. I only use the side shoes if the rock/gravel is soft. I try not to V the first time out. This helps clean up the center of the road without pushing a lot of rocks.

That center shoes if it is pined can be a lot of fun to get out. Good luck.
  10. Earthscapes

from WNY

I have 2 shoes, complete with spacers and pins, bout 1" thick, not sure what new thickness is.

Also have a center rubber, with plate and bolt.

Dlatulip & Hyrdo37 send me a pm. You guys pay the shipping and they are yours. Paypal accepted. I will ship USPS priority 2-3day mail.

11. dlatulip

dlatulip Junior Member

GREAT!!! Thanks alot.

Should be able to get it into one of those Flat rate boxes.

Shipping addy is
    Dennis LaTulip
    3633 Veterans Drive
    Fort Harrison, Montana 59636

Send me your PAYPAL info to dlatulip@att.net or post it here if you wish.

Newbie here... Do you know why my post got moved? I see there still is a WTB in the Boss forum.
  12. dlatulip

dlatulip Junior Member

Hey Earthscapes (Keith), I'm a newbie and don't have enough posts to allow me to PM. Send me the info to dlatulip@att.net.