1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB- Box Screen

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BuffaloJoe, Mar 3, 2010.

1. BuffaloJoe

BuffaloJoe Member

Looking for a box screen like a Thomas ProTough 300 or a 400 or an EZ Sceen machine.
    Thanks

107.jpg

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Why don't you have your welder or local fabricating shop build you one.Those EZ screens are nice but there's a lot of mark up on them.I had an A frame setup homemade,similiar to EZ screen that I used for about 10 years until the rot on it was so bad my welder didn't want to patch it anymore.He told me he could build me a new, better built one for about $1,500-$2,000,including the steel.I was going with that until last Spring when an old Royer shredder was almost given to me.I had to buy a new $2,500 belt, but after that it's been running fantastic. Makes a beautiful aerated fluffy product.

3. BuffaloJoe

BuffaloJoe Member

Your right they are marked way up, thats why I was looking for a used one. What type of mechanism did you use to drive the screen on your home made one, or was it just a stationary unit? I like it to be portable so I can take it to jobs.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010