1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: BOSS Truck Side Stuff

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MikeRi24, Oct 14, 2011.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I need a RT3 mount for a 88-00 OBS Chevy/GMC, headlight adapters, truck side harness, and a controller. No preference on handheld or joystick, I'll take anything at this point. The Boss Part numbers are:

Headlight Adapters: MSC04601

Mount: LTA03656

Willing to pay shipping or take a drive if its within a few hours of Buffalo, NY. Thanks!

2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

I have a used (4 relay) complete control kit (no controller) including the harness, power/ground cable, battery cable, headlight toggle switch, solenoid. Will sell for $125 + shipping. Also have 2 used MSC04601 headlight adapters. Will sell for $25.00. May have an LTA03656, will have to check

3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

I double checked and I don't have your undercarriage. My local Boss dealer does have new ones for $500 + shipping. Cutting Edge Snow Parts 888-607-SNOW

4. jackedf150

jackedf150 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have a joystick controller that will work. $100 gets it.

5. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Prob will take the harness off your hands. Thats the 13 pin one, correct?

Yeah thats about what I am finding. My dealer is actually significantly more than that, but in the end it MAY be cheaper to pay their extra price than ship one of these things. They weigh a few pounds haha

V blade controller or straight? If its a straight I'll prob take that off your hands!

Thanks guys!

6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

The harness I have is a 13 pin harness, however it is the 4-relay set-up so no dual-burn feature they now call the SmartLights

7. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Check with Jim from ESI on here, I plan on ordering a complete truckside from them relatively soon and its significantly cheaper than what the local place quoted me.

8. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

that might still work. For whatever reason, the guy I bought it off took the SmartLights off and put your generic auto parts store plow lights on in place. What do you mean by dual burn feature? like having regular headlights and then broghts? if thats the case I dont care because I dont think I've ever used the brights on my plow...ever...

9. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

In 2008 Boss introduced the SmartLight dual-burn feature where the low beams stay on when you switch to brights creating more light on the road. The harnesses incorporate a 5th relay to do so.

10. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Oh ok. Well even the plow I have on my 2006 doesnt even have that so yeah that doesnt matter then haha. I have PMed people about this stuff. Still looking for a mount. Thanks guys!

11. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Got everything I needed from Deckscapes! Thanks Todd!