1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Boss plow lights

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Landscapes8988, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

newer style. NOT the newest but not the old ones either. my lenses are good but the plastic housing is busted on both. so let me no what you might have. thanks

red truck.jpg

2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

3. vincent

vincent Senior Member

I have what you're looking for, butttttttt, the housings will need new studs. I will throw in the mounting bar. They work, but can't be adjusted.

Let me know.

4. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

drill out the rivits, cut the bolts off and replace with new bolts. takes a half hour to do. i've done in on a few boss plows.
    you can buy just the housing from boss (no lens) for around $65. still cheaper then buying a whole light.

5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Yes I've had that thought but....just never did it. I would have to cut my bolts to install new lights anyways so I guess I should probably just buy new bolts and use lots of anti-seize on them.about the only problem I might run into is if I replace with a carriage bolt im not sure if I've striped the square slot on the lights? Can I also buy just the mounting price that is rivited on?

6. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

You cab by just the studs. They are not carriage bolts, I believe they
    Are called plow bolts. Due to the shape of the heads. The new housing's
    Come with the mount.