1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Boss Headlights

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MikeRi24, Dec 17, 2011.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Looking for a pair of SmartLight or SmarLight2 headlights. Thought maybe someone had a plow they were parting out or something. The one plow I have has some generic sealed-beam junk lights on there that the previous owner put on in place of the OEM Boss lights, and I'd like to convert it back without spending $400 from the dealer. Figure its a long shot, but let me know if you got anything! Thanks!

2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Are they the ones that had the turns built into the bar and not in the head lights?

3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

The SmatLights have the one is the bar, the SmatLight2s have them in the headlight themselves. Either style will work for me.

Smartlight:
    [​IMG]

SmartLight2
    [​IMG]

4. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Then I have a set of SmatLights with the bar wring and turns in the Bar. I do beleave the wire was or is a 11 pin. The buckets need to be changed in the head lights. I was going to put them on a Fisher, but had the chance to get the new Fisher head lights and called a day. Will let it go for 125.00 + the shipping

5. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

are u referring to the whole outside housing or like the reflector piece inside that needs to be replaced?

6. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

The reflectors are just fine. One of the buckets will have to be replaced, but one can be repaired with a little work. The bolt on one is rusted so you can't get it to turn or should I say it turns freely. It will need to be cut off and replaced with a new bolt. I can get some pictures of it, but it want be until I return to work Tuesday. It's the whole light bar and the wiring. I got it off of ebay a few weeks back for 200.00 + the shipping. I found new head light buckets for just under 50 eash

7. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Yeah why dont you send me some pictures? I'm pretty interested, just would like to see some pics and then we can hash out the details with shipping and whatnot. Thanks!

8. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

If you plan on using the light bar and if I have the chance I can paint it while it's there after you see it and if you want it. I paint trucks and Plows.......LOL for a living. Check out my profile and you will see my setup with my new light which are on now. Just need to take some pictures and post them

9. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

If you want to paint it, go ahead. Otherwise, I really wouldnt be too concerned about it haha the plow its going on is going to get stripped down and redone before next winter anyway.