1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: BOSS 9.2 V-Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Striper1263, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

I am looking for a Boss 9.2 V-Plow to put on the truck that you see on my profile. I really don't want to but trucks are like employees. If they aren't making money then get rid of em!!

So guys let me know if anyone can help me out.

Doug

tigerstriping@centurytel.net

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

You will need to custom fab brackets to move your mount down for your lifted truck. That is, if the lift kit doesnt impede your ability to put a plow on it to begin with.

3. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Kevin, How did you get a pic of my wife??? LOL!!
    Kinda of figured I would need to fab brackets. The only requirement is that I can take them off when spring gets here so they won't be seen.
    Local Boss dealer wanted $500 - $800 extra for fabing brackets. But I think me and my buddy can fab just as well and a whole lot cheaper.

Doug

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

interested in 8.2 ploy, plow/handheld controller only 3200.00?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  5. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Send me pics and are the wings included?

6. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I will try to repost the pics if it will let me or email them to you.

7. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

8. Snow Fresh

Snow Fresh Junior Member

PM Sent

PM Sent to you Fordboy!

9. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Bump to the top. Still looking for 9.2 or 8.2 V-Plow. Cash in hand to buy right away!!!

10. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

****Kickin it to the top*****

11. DieselDan73

DieselDan73 Junior Member

Still looking for a Plow, I know someone with a 9.2 Boss V. I believe it was for a Ford Superduty and it is in excellent shape. I will find out what he wants for it.

12. Whitewheelin

Whitewheelin Junior Member

i just got a boss 9 2 poly v installed on my truck and i have a 2003 super duty with a 6 inch lift and i got some bracket made up yesterday and im gonna install them on my truck maybe tomorrow. if u want some pictures of the brackets let me know.

13. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Whitewheelin, I would love to see the brackets you fab for the 9.2. The more the better.
    Thanks

14. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Dieseldan73,

Let me know about he plow. Hopefully we'll get some snow to justify the buy.

Thanks

15. Whitewheelin

here are the pics of the brackets and the truck

a.jpg

aa.jpg

aaa.jpg

aaaa.jpg

aaaaa.jpg

16. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Do you have any trouble plowing with not being able to see the plow or plow lights very well? The local Boss dealer told me that I could do more damage to the plow because I would'nt be able to see it. He said I would have to "Feel" my way around. What's your thoughts? and thanks for the pics.

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Do you have brackets the run backwards from the pushbeam to somewhere back on the frame? Only reason I ask is you could role the pushbeam right under the truck if you hit something hard enough.

18. Whitewheelin

if u watch the flags in the corners u can see it and if its about to fold the flags let ya know. and u dont see the lights now but before the brackets the lights were above the hood and the plow sat alot higher. the springs still kick in and fold the plow sometimes but i dont ram things with it. i have the power of the truck to just push and not have to ram stuff., i made the brackets the height of my lift and it seems pretty good. i havent put any brackets to support it to the frame because it was hard to find a spot to brace it to. the motor was in the way, along with everything else that is hangin down. the cross member the plow hooks onto made the A frame the plow is attached to sit parallel with the ground. So far so good. if u need some brackets made up let me know they did a good job on mine. also get a price annd i can let ya know what i paid for mine if needed.