1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB bent or beat up plow carton

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by one ton dually, Nov 27, 2004.

1. one ton dually

one ton dually Member

Looking for a E-Z mount lower plow carton(The piece the blade hook's to) in rough shape.I am building a E-Z mount E-60 setup for a application not available.So if I could get a bent or broke lower carton from "any application" I can begin building the carton I need for my 79 Bronco.Any shape it doesn't't matter.Just need a good price.I will be cutting it up for part's for what I build.Just a poor man plowing with the older truck's to make that snow doe!I can't afford to buy one from E-bay but I can build one with a bent or beat up one.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. one ton dually

one ton dually Member

WTB Meyer EZ Mount push carton

Has anyone bent or broke or had to replace any EZ Mount lower push carton's by acident this year.I still need one to hack up,and fabricate to fit a 79 Bronco.I really didn't want to build one from scratch but it's looking that way,and im on a tight as heck budget with no snow here in upstate NY.I don't care what the frame is off of either.

3. proshare

proshare Member

I can help you with steel or welding/fabrication. I have a fully equipped shop on the North shore of Onieda.
    Measure up what you need & email me the dimensions.
    proshare01@yahoo.com

4. one ton dually

one ton dually Member

Plow carton WTB

I thank you for your offer,but I also have a fully equipted welding/steel shop,but I was just hopping to find a carton that I could hack up,and make fit my 79 Bronco.If I can't find one I will have to cut up some steel,and get a welding.Once again thank you for your kindness.

5. proshare

proshare Member

6. one ton dually

one ton dually Member

WTB plow carton

Hey thank's a ton,I didn't see the bent one on E-bay.Hopfully all goes well with the bidding deal.Once again thankl you for your time,and effort.now if I can just get some snow to push around with the one ton i'd be all set.My one ton has several thousand's of mile's on it,and has plowed since 1979,and I want to have a back up plow truck.The one ton is a great plow truck still but 2 year's ago a explorer rear ended a dodge fullsize verizon phone van due to black ice,and the dummy's left the vehicle's in the lane of travel,and didn't put on flasher's or nothing,and when I came along on my way to my next acount to plow I didn't notice the explorer,and van were parked,and by that time it was to late!!!! My 79 one ton dually/dump 4x4 with 9ft Meyer blade hit the back of that explorer,and push the van,and explorer about 1000ft but the 1st of the inpact bent the truck frame down a little on each side of the truck but it was bent perfect so I was still able to drive the truck,but from where the frame bent their was a little buckel,and from the plow going up down up down,and plowing several big lot's it started to crack the truck frame.Ive welded it back closed ,and plated it but I just want to have a back up.Thank's for your effort,and help.I really need it.

7. proshare

proshare Member

No sweat..hehe if there was any snow you KNOW i wouldn't be stopping in here much, too bad another 50f rainy washout here today..Grass is showing everywhere. Damn weather went from -14 to +54 ...70 degree swing in a few days is brutal.

Merry Christmas & a Healthy Prosperous New Year to All !!!

8. one ton dually

one ton dually Member

wTB plow carton

Went from -2* to 35* yesterday to 58*today,and now it's dropping off to 30* over night,and will be in the high 20's tomarow.And not a thought of snow in the forcast.Part of the tight budget problem.Im ready if mother nature would help out a little.My feet are tierd from all the snow dance's ive done so far this year.I need some snow to get out of this bind.Spent every dime on my 2 little one's for X-mas.Last year at this time we had 33" on the ground.Well time to snow dance again.Thank's once again,and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

9. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck on your search.

Never in my life heard anything related to a snowplow called a "carton" other than a box.

Then I see one of those eBay links actually called it a "carton".

You may get better response on here listing it as an "undercarriage" or "truck mount".

Just thinking out loud for your benefit.

Good luck.

10. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

TLS, I agree with you.... but I figure it the word 'carton' must get used something like this....

"My fuel mileage is terrible. There hasn't been any snow to speak of, but I keep 'carton' this plow around anyways...."

:D

11. one ton dually

one ton dually Member

WTB plow carton

It took me a few search's to find it new becouse I was calling it the truck frame work,and then I went to angelo's,and that's where I was schooled it's called a push carton.D:That is funny though "carton around a non used this seseon blade taking away from the MPG.My one ton just love's the 9ft blade hanging.