1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Backup Truck & Plow!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by exmark1, Jan 12, 2008.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking to buy a backup truck and plow. I have no preference on make, model etc... Anything from a 1/2 ton to a 1 ton Dually it doesn't matter! As long as it runs and is road worthy (or able to be made road worthy) it will be rarely used if at all I just don't like not having a back up to out 3 main trucks!
    PM or post with what you have! You can email me at lx277@yahoo.com with pictures!
  2. exmark1

Rust means nothing either...Minnesota has no annual inspections on vehicles!
  3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 90 Dodge 3/4 ton with a Western Uni-mount. Truck is road worthy now and runs and plows well. Some rust but no basket case. $3500
  4. RedBeaverEater

RedBeaverEater Junior Member

5. Metro Lawn

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have the perfect truck for you...93 F-150 w/ 7'6" Sno-Way...low miles...I bought it from the Wisconsin DNR two years ago...runs/drives...body is in great shape...extended cab, long bed...cream color...vinyl interior...tool box

I'll take some pics soon if you're interested.
  7. exmark1

8. exmark1

How bad and the rust areas on it? Do you have any pictures of them? I am interested...where are you located exactly?
  9. Metro Lawn

Just the typical areas. About an inch or so across the top of the rear wheel wells, very bottom of the rockers and front fenders ect. It is still pretty solid. Has good tires on aluminum rims. Runs and shifts good. The lights, heat, wipers, radio, ect. all work. Plow was just serviced, along with a tune up and oil change. Has a class 3 hitch and a break control box too. Located in Detroit.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  10. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I will have a 95 Regular cab 1/2ton Chevy with plow for sale, but probably not in time for you. Looking to finish out the winter with it as a back up. 4750 for the set up.
  11. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

If you are interested, I have a 1994 Ford F250 4X4, V-8 gas, automatic, regular cab, 8' bed. Power windows, locks, Western plow this is like new. Truck is in excellent condition. Just completely serviced, tranny flushed, cooling system flushed, oil changed, 4X4 fluids changed, brakes replaced and new wipers, all done yesterday. ( I own a Pennzoil Lube Center ). Truck is rady to work and needs nothing as far as I know. Price is $7900.00 FIRM or I will keep it. 419-674-1717 (cell) or 419-675-5281 (home).
  12. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

ford truck

i have a 1995 ford f150 with brand new radiator, warn hubs, runs great, drives great, has 8 ft unimoiunt that has been completly gone through, 132000 on truck, it has 1 ton rear leaf spring and heavy duty front coils with air bags. does currntly have 4 corner strobes and 4 head amber strobe on roof. also has a diamond plate toolbox and custom fit tonneau coveron the bed. has bedrock bedliner. i no longer need this truck. trades considdered only rust on rear wheel wheels and small amount on bottom of gate. has 31 x 10.5 x15 bfg longtrail tas on the ford alloy wheels. Truck has never let me down and has been maintained very well asking 4500 with plow and all stobes. or best. 3500 just truck with plow mount
  13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Exmark - Here's a pic I snapped a few minutes ago...I would've taken more but it's like -10 so I just stayed in my truck. If you're interested I can take more this weekend.