1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wtb: back rack

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by the new boss 92, Jan 9, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

im looking for a back rack for a full sized chevy p/u. any one got anything?

2. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

i got one sittin in my backyard with your name on it...its for a 99-07 i think. whatever years that body style spans. it was on my f250 but would rather get the one thats for my truck as the chevy one is shorter. let me know if your interested

3. the new boss 92

What did it come off of? Will it fit s 88-99 body style chevy? You out west from me I think correct?

4. metallihockey88

It came off an 06 I think. It will fit your truck as it did my f250 but the height might not match the cab hieght correctly as was the case on my 250. I'm just north of the city so northeast of you. Ill be in elmhurst monday but won't have mt truck so can't bring it with. You ever venture out near the city? It also has the toolbox mounts on it

5. the new boss 92

Would you be able to meashure the hight of it and let me know I know it will fit the width of the bed, but I wanna make sure if its the wrong one that it will clear my garage door, what's your asking price?

6. metallihockey88

It is 69in wide to the outside of the rails and 22in to the top of your third brake light from the top of the bed. I'd like 150 but make me an offer. It isn't much good to me would rather have the one for my truck

7. the new boss 92

it will fit my truck, are you going to be availible next weekend just to make sure? hows it look for condition wise? does it need any paint or anything?

8. metallihockey88

That's cool. Will have my truck back next week so might be able to meet yea. I cleaned off the toolbox brackets reall good and resprayed them with rustoleum and they look good not that you can see them anyway. Think there is one spot at the top of the rack that is chipping in a corner of a weld but that's it. Put new stickers on it this summer too. Anyway ill leave it off my truck when I get it back and shoot me a pm next week

9. the new boss 92

alright ill get in touch with you next week and we will find a time and place or figure something out.

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have one set up on my 1991 right now. It's also set up for the 48" Whelen Edge that I am selling....

I'd make you a package deal on both of them....

11. the new boss 92

price? pictures?

12. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

post pics interested if he's not

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Best pictures I have of the back rack:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$450 for both. The lightbar only has about 6-8' of cable, but I also have an additional 10' or so that I will throw in to the deal.

14. the new boss 92

i will be interested in just the back rack if i dont pick up the one from metallihockey. will you seperate them? i already found the light bar of my choice, just looking for the back rack to mount it on!

15. metallihockey88

What kinda lightbar did you get? I can get ya a good price on the backrack brackets to mount it also

16. the new boss 92

48" led with ally lights and take downs. i wont be needing the brackets, one of my buddies run a cnc shop so he is going to make'em for me. like i said i am waiting on my plowing cheack, so probley saturday if your going to be available?

17. metallihockey88

That's cool. We'll work it out. I'm pretty free on the weekends

18. the new boss 92

ok sounds good, ill post or pm mid week and let you know for sure whats going on.

19. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Sure, I'll separate, $150 maybe? PM me if things don't work out.

20. the new boss 92

ok ill let you know, from the sounds of it i think everything will work out, but its nice to have another one for back up!