1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Arctic Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Jaynen, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I am looking to buy a 7.5' or 8' arctic plow. Prefer 7.5'. I already have the quick link II style harness on my truck so I dont need that part. I live in Kitchener, Ontario.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Welcome to plowsite.... Me and you should go out for a few cold ones sometime...

3. Triple L

from Canada

Also i would highly recommend you become a member of SIMA it seems like your pretty new to the bus... Please use me as a referal...

4. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

What's SIMA. Yup still feeling very new to the biz.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

6. Triple L

from Canada

The snow and ice management association... You can find my thread I started today... "Become a member of sima now and save" it has all the info, you can get some decent contracts and production numbers and stuff from them if you sign up

7. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Do you know the weight of the plow? Is it quick link II? Can I get some pictures, thanks.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't know saw it on craigslist

9. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Oh sorry thought it was your add lol.

10. Triple L

from Canada

8' arctic is about 700 lbs... will work good even if you got a half ton

11. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Ya I got a silverado 1500 and I don't know if I can go 8'. Can you just crank up the torsion bar for the weight or do you add load bosters like timbrens or both?

12. Triple L

from Canada

I got 8' actic HD on my half ton since winter of 05-06... Put wings on it last year now its 9.5' Works great no problems... 4 cranks on the t bars plus front timbrens

13. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Wow I never would have thought and the 5.3l is enough power too?

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

A buddy of mine has a 8.5' arctic on a 1999 Tahoe. It has been on there since 99.

15. Triple L

from Canada

4.3 is more then enuff... Cant keep up with my Dmax but for what it is, it works real good

16. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Still looking for a plow. Prefer an Arctic 7.5-8' plow with quick link II style hook up. Or something thats 7.5-8' that will fit a 2001 1500 Silverado. Thanks.