1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wtb amber strobe light bar

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

I am looking to see if there is anything out there that you are looking to get rid of.

I am getting back into plowing since i need to make money LOL

I am looking for a full size bar and I know you will think i am nuts but i dont like the led's

I had a mx-7000 and it was great but I would prefer strobe

I am not looking to pay your truck/plow monthly payment or your house payment, so let me know what you have

I will drive a little ways for a good deal or pay for shipping

Thanks

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

3. tojay22

tojay22 Member

why don't you like the led lightbars? they draw less juice and you don't here the clicking like the strobes. if you buy a good brand like code 3 or whelen they will last as long as you will. but i would stay away from the cheap ebay china crap. (the ones metro sells) no offence metro. i had one and they are junk.

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

agree with you on that note ... my liberty is a sweet bar for the size .....although i did find out some parts for the CODE 3 Defender bar are from china NOT ALL JUST SOME....

5. Scenic Lawnscape

Thanks for the link, I found exactly what i was looking for.

As for the bashing of Metro's stuff, keep it to your self. The man is selling products that he has been given the opportunity to offer.

I am sure if we go thru everyones house or office not everything you own is made in the USA.

Trust me i prefer to buy stuff from anywhere but china, but sometimes you have no choice, our you cant afford to pay top dollar for something.

John is a stand up guy and would do anything for anyone, and he is just trying to give a deal to plowsite on the products he has access too.

ok

Rant off

6. tojay22

tojay22 Member

easy big fella. im not bashing him i actually like the guy. almost sold him a truck last year and seemed like a great guy. if you have ever had a led bar like the ones hes goy you would understaind. im just giving you a heads up. i had leds go out and it came with gaps in the lenses i have to seal up.wasnt happy. for the price its a great deal but they dont compare to whelen and code 3 led bars. why is it you dont like leds? i have had them all (kinda a light nut) and have been the most happy with them.

7. Scenic Lawnscape

as for the led bars, maybe it is the ones i have seen and used but they don't seem to get your attention in the areas i am plowing. With the strobes it throws out more light and i think that people see the light sooner. Sure the led's are a lot brighter but also a lot more Money

tojay, I wasnt bashing you I was just standing up for john he is a great guy and has helped me out in the past. thats all

8. tojay22

tojay22 Member

ic. all i was getting at was.. I didn't know if you already had a cheap led bar that left a bad taste in your mouth and you assumed they all were like that. that's all. good luck with the strobe light hunt. whelen has a nice line of them. the lfl low profile ones are real bright. i have a few minis they make and love em.