1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB airflo mss spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Celtic, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Celtic

Celtic Junior Member
    from USA

I am looking to buy an Airflo mss hitch mount spreader. If any has one for sale with pics I am located in Ma.
    Thanks

2. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

There is one for sale on craigslist in Newport NH

3. Celtic

Celtic Junior Member
    from USA

thank you for the reply ray but I don't see it do you have a link for it by chance.
    Thanks

4. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

5. Celtic

Celtic Junior Member
    from USA

Thanks I didn't see it when I was looking on CL Hampshire thank you

6. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

There is a real nice one in Enfield for$750 on craigslist. I typed in salt spreader and it came up, may want to ad Enfield to the search if you can't fin fit. If I did not already have two I would go buy it looks like a great deal. I had a third that I sold a month or two back. In my opinion they are great spreaders. The one I have on my truck I went trough completely 4 or five years ago and it's worked great for me the whole time I've used it. The spreader is probably 10 to 15 years old

7. Celtic

Celtic Junior Member
    from USA

Thanks PL for the heads up just emailed the guy hopefully he will get in touch with me. how are you powering yours where are you running wires all the way to the truck battery or some other way.
    Thanks Paul

8. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

I have mine running off of a separate battery and solenoid that I mounted in a marine battery box. The battery is maintained by the power in my 7 pin trailer plug while plowing. I have a toggle switch going to the solenoid which I run through the rear slider to the battery box. I like the set up because it's pretty much independent of the trucks charging system. I don't do a ton if sanding, may be two or three small lots per storm, as long as the battery is good it has no problems keeping up and maintaining the charge from the 15 amp feed from the 7 pin trailer wire. You could power it from your trucks batteries as well but you still need a solenoid and some sort of on off switch, I also have an in line circuit breaker/fuse, I believe it's 40 amp. You can find the wiring diagrams online if you do research online. That spreader in Enfield looks pretty mint, hopefully you can get it. I can text some pics of my setup if you wanted me two just need a number. Maybe pm me if your number if you wanted.