1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Air Lift

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dieselboy, Dec 8, 2010.

1. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

Looking to buy a Air lift or equivilant firestone life for the front axle of my 2001 f-350 SD Diesel. putting a 9' on and the front the leafs will need some help.
  2. Not sure if ur looking for the easiest or cheapest way to do it but I would but a decent set of bags n run the airlines to the back of the front bumper n just fill them up as needed with an air compressor
  3. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

Yea thats what I was thinking. But i need the brackets for frame and axle. The bags are pretty genaric if I had to guess. suppose i could just make some mounts... Anyone ever done this?
  4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Why not go to your local spring shop and have them add 1 leaf to your factory front springs. This will give you plenty of support for the plow and most likely raise the front of the truck about 2".
  5. only disadvantage of adding a spring is a rougher nonadjustable ride. they do sell airbag kits w/o the compressor its the bags with all the mounting hardware