1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 9' UniMount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SnowMatt13, Jul 22, 2013.

1. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Complete set up needed. Doesn't matter what it fits. Has to work and be in good shape. Will take just the plow side too.

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

What about a 8'6"? No rust. No holes. In great shape.

3. SnowMatt13

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I will text you Matt.

5. SnowMatt13

Still keeping my options open....

6. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I have a 7.6 pro poly unimount with wings. mount for a chevy, wiring, hand held controller and timberen.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Not really what you asked for, but I have an early RT3 Boss SD with Boss wings for a total of 9'6". Complete for a Ford Super Duty. $1500

8. SnowMatt13

Want to keep everything Western in our fleet.

Needs to be at least 8.5 It is being installed on a military hummer.

9. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

I have an 8'6" ultramount that I can sell you with the receivers, wiring, and controller. No truck side mount for a hmmwv though lol.

10. SnowMatt13

Yeah...lol. I don't think an ultra could be brought low enough on a hum v. Uni will give me some working room for fab. I wish I could do ultra as there is a 9' pro plus about 15 mins from me for sale that I would have gotten.

11. OldSchoolPSD

Unimount mounts hang lower than Ultramount mounts. I think the Ultramount would be easier to fab up. Remember the recievers on the Ultramount come off when you aren't using them.

12. SnowMatt13

Yep, I know. the frame of the hum v is very tall in the front end. i'm going to have to being the uni down some to get the plow to sit level. Anything is possible I guess, I just figured it would be easier to do with a uni.

13. OldSchoolPSD

I think if it were me I would buy whatever 9'plow I could find cheap and fab a mount from scratch. There's going to be some serious work in building the truck side anyways, so I wouldn't I wouldn't let that be your deciding factor.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Not trying to sell my plow here, but a Boss mount is by far the easiest to fab to get lower. Side plates and tabs for the thrust arms and you're done. Next option would be an Ultra truckside mount, then a Unimount conversion with the extended plates vs the std ones.

You also just missed out on my 9' uni. Sold it a cpl weeks ago. Good wings like the Boss ones or Western pro plus ones are the way to go though IMO, especially vs a straight blade; but you're also talking to a Blizzard PP guy here, so I obv like wings lol.........

And I understand wanting to keep the fleet the same. I had all Uni's at one time....straight blades.........progressed to all uni MVP's and finally now to Blizzard PH1s. The Boss I have just wound up in the mix as a spare that I ran on a part time sub's truck.........b/c it had wings ;)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  15. SnowMatt13

I know it's gonna be a good challenge. I don't mind though. You are right on the BOSS frame Bill, I completely forgot about that. I will have to keep that in mind. I have a little time before this project starts so we'll see what happens

16. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

unimount

I have a 9 footer Pro complete with a rebuilt pump last season good shape just could use paint 3500.00 Off of a 1996 f-350. Located in Beloit wi.

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Hey Matt I just remembered I may have a set of the taller Western conversion side plates if you go that route. I've had luck with those on my lifted trucks.