1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 88 or new 1/2ton or 3/4 ton 4x4 with plow on a budget

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by KGRlandscapeing, Oct 13, 2008.

1. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

I am in cleveland. I will be at the GIE show if i have to i will take my truck and drag a trailer ill do that.

The truck dosent have to be perfect roadworthy would be nice. I can fix small things but i dont want to throw a millon bucks in to it. Body panels can be falling off heat has to work though. If you have or see something let me know. I have dug threw craigslist in cleveland and akron.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

what kind of budget are you on i have a 1 ton with dump 8 ft western plow

3. KGRlandscapeing

probably not enough to buy that and i cant store anything over a 3/4 ton at my house the city is gay. but how much?

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

9000 obo auto 6.5 turbo

5. KGRlandscapeing

chris if i had 10 grand i wouldnt be here with a want to by add.

6. Jon Schuler

Jon Schuler Member

$4500 for my 1998 2500 Dodge, just listed a few hours ago.

7. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Junior Member

What is the GIE show?

I may have something as it looks like I won't be plowing this year. 93 F250 Standard cab, long bed no accessories. Hydraulic fisher plow. Some dents and rust. Needs a little work, i was just about to take it in to ready myself but the guy I was working with/for and I had it out and to be quite honest, I hate snow plowing and won't be getting any of my own accounts especially on such short notice.

I haven't driven it since last year, this is what I recall. Rough idle just started (most likely plugs), exhaust manifold leak at the pipe (bearable but needs gasket), power steering leak (already replaced a line). The good is that I put on brand new tires and alignment, alternator and some other stuff I can't remember. Brand new Wolo amber beacon but the last snow out last year, the amber cover got knocked off from a low branch and before I realized it - it was gone. They say $35 for new one. Former school grounds truck, looks used but less than 60-70k if I recall correctly. Oh and a new rear bumper but I hit a bank and it's already bent a bit.

Oh and the heat can get so hot it's stupid! And I just remembered, The spot where the drivers seat belt attaches rusted through last winter, so it needs to be reattached (metal and weld).

$2500 B/O I can get pics but will need to travel since I don't park it here. Otherwise I am putting it up for sale this week where it sits.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  8. KGRlandscapeing

Green industry expo in louisville next weekend. your talking more in my price range get a couple pics of it. kevinissweet2007@sbcglobal.net

9. BigLebowski

I am headed out with the wifey right now, I will see if she wants to shoot up with me and I will get pics. I'm serious about the miles. It has digital and I really think it's under 60k. I will post a couple over-all pics here and if you shoot me your email I will send the detail ones like interior, under hood, underneath etc.

10. BigLebowski

11. BigLebowski

No tires are flat. It's gravel. The tarp is covering a new bed tool box, so no one would steal it since it's not attached. It originally covered some firewood. The drivers door, fender and hood are faded unlike the rest. I don't know why. Strangely enough in spite the dents and rust, you can see your reflection.

The interior is basic. It looks a lot worse in the photos. I never threw away the junk inside from last year. It has a bed liner. The liner also has slots for wood so you can keep the weight (sand bags) in one place. I would have taken more photos but it started to rain. I forgot the key so I never started it or got the mileage.

I know it will start.

12. KGRlandscapeing

kevinissweet2007@sbcglobal.net thats my email shoot me and email with where ur at so i can see what kind of trip that would be. its rough but pretty much what i was looking for. do you know what the brakes look like? any of the lines busted or anything

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  13. BigLebowski

I bought it because it because I got a truck/plow combo for the price of a plow. And I felt the miles was something I could work with. Parts are plentiful and like I said, this thing is beast with the snow. I never worrying about hitting anything like snow banks for obvious reasons. I was able to drive my daily truck while this parked waiting for the next run. No pulling off and putting on the plow every time it snowed. And trust me, it's no easy task with this set-up. What were they thinking is what I say now but what came out of my mouth every time I had to take it off was pretty vulgar.

Mapquest 13324

I'll email you so we can talk outside the forum.

14. BigLebowski

55k is the miles. The truck goes to the mechanic this week to have him look at the rough idle. He was the one that thought it needed new plugs.

I just remembered that truck got a ton of new front end parts. Combine that with the tires and alignment, it rides straight and true at any speed. Brakes are flawless as well. No anti-lock brakes.

New York buyers - I will be sure you get a fresh passed inspection so you can get right to work.

15. BigLebowski

Kevin, first I must apologize for stealing your thread.

Second. It's sold.

Thanks.

16. KGRlandscapeing

dont worry about it and at least you sold ur truck