1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 88-99 Western plow mount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by drew454u, Dec 6, 2007.

1. drew454u

drew454u Junior Member

Just looking for a western plow mount, uni or ultra will work i have a few blades that i can use. Need the truck side, if someone has the wiring harness too that would be great as long as its not all cut up.

Thanks

Drew

drew454u at Gmail.com

2. chrisdheye

chrisdheye Junior Member

very difficult to find if you need it for chevy. as you have probably found out, they are discontinued. MAKE way for ULTRATRON! 650 for set up with ultra and convo. you probably know now as well.

I needed one this year as well. Time was running to short, and i took what i had (remodifed ford mount) and had it remodified for its second time.

It should tun out pretty good. I searched Craig's list for a welder who works in shop (not owns one)but does his little side work here and there, who is located here in KC.
    Will end up costing me 200. saved over 400.

I made sure it will bolt on, and is secure. took pics of factory mount and went with that.

If you do not have any mount whatsoever, then last i looked (last week) they sell on ebay for around 500 plus the 100+ shipping.

Anyway it will probably just be better to buy an ultramount and converter.
    It will retain its value for the most part over the years.

3. drew454u

drew454u Junior Member

i actually used to have a ultramount on my truck and decided to sell it now of course i need it back. i wish i would have took measurements so i could fab my own but i didnt.

you are right though they are extremly hard to find for the chevys, i see them all day long for the fords and dodges.

I may end up just buying the ultra mount truck mount since i have a ultra mount blade that i can get for cheap. but was trying to save some money.

4. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

Mount

I GOT A UNIMONUT CARRIGE FOR A 88-98 CHEV TRUCK

WHATS IT WORTH TO YOU ?

THANKS AARON

5. drew454u

drew454u Junior Member

sorry it took me so long to get back to ya. do you have an email so i can send you a price??

6. drew454u

drew454u Junior Member

bump.........