1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB - 8611 Low Pro - Pre DD design

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Pristine PM ltd, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Hi guys,

I would love to get two more 8611lp's. Please let me know if you are thinking of getting rid of one or more!

I would be willing to travel fairly far. Or pay you to meet half way.

Please let me know.

Take care,

Jon

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

good luck. I just snatch up my 3rd one. Plus Im see issue in getting parts for them this season. Its not looking good.

3. Pristine PM ltd

I doubt parts will be an issue yet. Maybe in a few years, but they make damn good money on parts up here, and I doubt they would mess with that. They are many many old style out there vs. few new.

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Not only that the moldboard and wings are still exactly the same.

5. Pristine PM ltd

If only those were the things that went down the most! ha
    Our main problems have been motors. hydro issues

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Motors and pumps you can get elsewhere. I would imagine the coils can be purchased elsewhere too. You just have to know who made them!

7. Pristine PM ltd

we once bought a bag of bolts for the rangers blade... over $200 because of the special bolts... Blizzard knows how to charge.

8. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Part-wise ... I tend to do wings and rams. No pumps here, service service, service. Hoses here and there but wings for sure.

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Jon-you really need to find another supplier. I'm sure Brofasco, or Fastenall or somewhere like that could get you the same bolts for much less. Try Creighton for cutting edges-you would be suprised.

Few examples (from last week)-Zero turn caster wheel, just the tire and rim-You know whos price: $550.00 a piece, You dont know whos price:$135.00.

Specialty retainer pin thingamajig for wide are mower-You know whos price:$27.00, You dont know whos price:$2.50.

I dont know how they can possibly justify their pricing-but someone keeps buying.

Good times.

10. Pristine PM ltd

we tried brofasco, but these bolts on the 680lt are custom. The 810 and 8611 are fairly standard, but these bolts are only for the smaller blades. We could have ordered them from the states, just looking into that now for future stuff. Being the distributor and seller makes them a little too powerful.

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I found a place fairly close by that sells all of the hydraulic parts, motors, coils, etc. ;)

12. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You nailed it.

13. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Ask around at a few machine shops maybe they are able to replicate them for you cheaper.

14. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Like their add says "don't forget to bring your wallet".

15. Pristine PM ltd

hopefully will not need them again. Not sure if we will get any new rangers in the future. I did just get another 680lt though, thought $1500 was a good deal for it, but it does need some work. We had the 720lt go down a few times last year, so I figured this would save us some stress.