1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 8.0'--2005 Chevy 2500HD PA

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MrMatty9, Dec 25, 2008.

1. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

Looking for a complete set up for my truck. 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD. Tons for fords out here and dodge also. What about the chevys? Am I missing something here? Thank you, Mr. Matt

2. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

what do you mean
    u cant find the set up or you never see any chevys

3. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

Hello......

Im looking for a complete plow set up truck side and plow side for my 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD. I had a plow truck, (88 GMC with a 7.5 meyer) that I used for my driveway but it upped and died. I dont want to purchase another truck to pay insurance, maint, registration and upkeep. Im looking for a set up for my personal truck the 05. I do have the plow package also on the truck. I got it when I ordered it. Now I just have to see if Im going to have the over heat problems as others did or if I have the correct HD fan clutch also. Time wll tell. Thank you for responding. Mr. Matt

4. naturalgreen

I built a homemade airfoil that works great to keep it cool behind plow
    works great on my 05 2500hd with an 8 meyer lotpro
    its taller than my other meyer plows and really blocked the radiator
    however I really only got high tranny temp
    I had built an airfoil for my other one and so i tried that before i added the new fan
    now I stay low on both guages and my exterior temp gauge doesnt tell me its 165 degrees so until i need to replace it im sticking with stock fan clutch

5. naturalgreen

Im midwest so i cant help you with the plow but we got some here for sale used
    should be a few out there
    watch the 60 pump
    it was stopped for a reason.
    58h semms like a better pump but we will see

6. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

Thank you for writting back. I cant find anything here right now but Brand New. I appreciate the info on the pump and the air foil. Do you have any pix of the airfoil? Thank you again, Matt

7. naturalgreen

yeah ill read about how too post them
    it is pretty simple miniturized cheaper version of the blizzard.

8. naturalgreen

do these work

12-23-08 014.jpg

12-23-08 019.jpg

9. naturalgreen

wow came out big
    i have all the pics and how to build it
    can be done stainless or sheet metal
    depending on equip and skill
    ill send you the info or pics if youd like
    cheapy version costs thirty bucks and a few hours or less depending on skill

10. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

I just bought a truck in quakertown PA and it has a fisher plow on a 2001 chevy 2500. All of it should fit on your truck. I have not tested it but the seller claims it all works good. If you could find a way to get it off the truck before monday when I pick it up you could buy it. Asking 2000. I was planning on taking it off and selling it as I use all western plows. Here is a link to some pictures.
    http://faulknercioccaautogroup.vinmanagersites.com/AutoDetails2.aspx?ID=3183647

Let me know

11. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

Looks good and looks like it works great

I can build something like that no problem. Thank you for the pix. Now, if that plow that is pictured would fit I might have a busy weekend.......smile.

12. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

Length on the plow?

How wide is it? Has anyone checked to see how it works? Thank you, Matty

13. naturalgreen

I love my lotpro
    keeps me out of the cold
    I have an 8 on my 2500hd 2005
    it holds it no prob
    I cant tell anything about that fisher

14. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

GrizzlyCJ,
    I appreciate the offer but Im going to pass. Thank you again and good luck with your new truck. Matt

Yes, Im still checking craigslist everyday........getting computer blind.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  15. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

No problem.

16. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

If you were worried about it fitting the mount and harness will fit with your truck they just stopped making the relay version of the plow in 03 so now the dealer will tell you to buy the iso kit version with the new lights for an additional 750 dollars. I already did this with my 2004 chevy and wished I would have just used the old relay version to save my self the money.

17. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

Thank you Grizz......

Just looking for something a litte bit newer and or closer but pretty tough right now. I do appreicate you offering it to me though. Thank you again, Matty