1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: 7'6" or 8'0' steel or poly straight blade!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SpruceLandscape, Nov 20, 2008.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Hey guys, I'm looking for a plow to buy to either replace mine or use for parts. I broke the "section" I think its called -the piece that the moldboard is bolted to and connects to the frame with the hydraulics- so I don't care if I find another plow with good frame/hardware, or parts only. Dealer wants almost $2000 for new parts/upgrades.

2. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

If you're putting it on your quad cab I'd go 8'. I started with a 7'6" because at the time the $600 difference was a deal breaker. Knowing better now I would figure out a way to get that extra $600.

3. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I don't really care one way or the other, because either way its getting the wings put on it, which takes it out to 9'4" on a 7'6" plow. Thats plenty when we get a heavy wet snow, just need more than the 3 springs that are on this one, and a taller moldboard would be nice as well since I usually have snow coming over the top as you can see in the picture in my signature. Thats a 7'6" standard duty with wings

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008