1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 7.3 Powerstroke

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Landscapes8988, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

I have a 02 F-350 and need to find a motor. I think 99-03 will work as lond as its a 7.3L Turbo.

2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

what happened to the current 7.3??

3. Landscapes8988

i don't know much about diesels so i don't know whats wrong but it leaks oil out of the top somewhere...there is oil on top of that pan on top of the motor. and it seems to run hot. but like i said i don't know. maybe nothing serious is wrong its just i don't know what to do and sick of worrying if its gonna strand me.

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

You do realize that you want to replace your whole engine because of a few bad O rings right??

The problem is either Orings, a bad plug, or a hose on your high pressure oil pump that is located on top of the engine right under the plastic decorative cover.

head over to www.ford-trucks.com, they can help you get it replaced. They are a bunch of very helpful and smart people!

5. Landscapes8988

cool thanks. still if anyone has a motor i would like to buy one.

6. stroker79

you want to buy one as a spare?

It MIGHT cost you $20 to fix your oil leak and your engine will be fine.

7. Landscapes8988

well i forgot to mention that it seems to skip too not bad but noticeable. i know when my 5.4 skips on my other super duty i just replace a coil. but as i mentioned i know nothing about deisel's. any ideas?

8. stroker79

Well a diesel cant really "skip" since there are no spark plugs. Im not a diesel expert but the BEST thing you an do for yourself is to go to that website I told you about and ask the guys in the 7.3 secion. there are normally over a 100 people in that forum and questions get asnwered fast.

9. Landscapes8988

i am on there now. it seems like a skip to me. pulled my skid steer today and it was very boggy.

10. stroker79

it might be a bad injector but its not a true skip. there are no sparkplugs to be skipped.

11. Landscapes8988

yea i know at least that much about them not having spark plugs...haha. I don't understand all the abbreviations the guys use on that site!

12. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

maybe you should just get rid of your diesel and stick to gas. Seems to be a waste of money for you. Sh*t if I went around replacing motors when something simple went wrong Id be broke.

13. Landscapes8988

not really whats it hurt to have an extra?

14. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

15. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

opps sorry i did not pay enough attention(had a brain fart) that wont work for your application. I am sure there is more on there though.

16. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

How many miles are on your truck?

17. Landscapes8988

140000 miles

18. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

If you're ever down in the Missouri end of town, we've got a dozen or so powerstrokes, good rebuilders, and running engines.
    bottlefed89@hotmail.com

19. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

20. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

If truck is down on power you may have scrapped your turbo.
    When I scrapped my turbos I had oil everywhere. Just a thought.