1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 6x10 or 6x12 enclosed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wkahler, May 30, 2010.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Looking for a trailer to keep all my stuff in for work, such as my pumps and generators and other misc. stuff! doesn't have to have a V nose but that would be a plus. Must have a side door on it though! Would like for it to with in 150 miles of me, but will consider what ever you guys have out there. New ones in my area are $2400 so i am looking to spend way less then that, pictures if you have them, billk726@aol.com.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I just went through the process of finding one myself. They seem to be either non-existent used, or overpriced. Local dealer told me that's because that's the most popular size. After 3 months of not finding a decent used one for any less $ than a new one, I broke down and bought new. Hate to be discouraging, but hope my input helps your expectations. Good luck in your search!

3. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I just passed up on a like new one on e-gay that was 3hrs from me for $1300 and i contacted the guy back and he had sold it. I don't really "need" one its more of a want for the purpose to free up my garage space and make things a little more flexible for me!!

4. kpmsnow

kpmsnow Senior Member
    from Elkhart

Got one for ya. Its a friend of mine's. I'll contact him and get a price and pictures for you, if you are still looking?

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Yes i am shot me something ASAP!! I have another one i have been waiting on a call back, where you at?

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Do yourself a favor and remember that you get what you pay for. Even brand name trailers offer an "economy" trailer that fails in comparison to a good trailer. My buddie had a brand new Detro in his shop the other day for roof vents. The roof braces were a joke and only tacked in place. Everything else was on 36" centers. It was literally one of the most poorly built enclosed trailers I've ever seen, but the buyer wanted to save a buck. Same goes for Haulmark, etc. There's good, and cheap. Haulmark doesn't always mean Haulmark.

My buddie is selling his 6x12, but I'm sure he wants pretty much the new $2,400 price you were quoted. It's basically new and was over $3k, dealer cost.

7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Can you contact me or shot me pictures? Also get m the details on his setup and i might be interested!! I have been doing some research on the trailer out there and i am starting to see what you are saying about stuff and the cheaper lines that they are sporting some close reading you can decipher the difference fairly quick, shot me a line
    billk726@aol.com

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Will do. He's out of town this week though. I'm pretty sure its a 2008 model. He used it once to move his daughters things in Indy from one apt to another. Basically the only miles on it are from up here to there and back, and has been used for minor storage since. He's certed for DOT inspections and is in the custom trailer business, so it will be good as new before it leaves his lot.

I'll get pics and details as soon as he gets back from Canada. Its white in color, has a ramp rear door, and has a side door, that I can tell you.

9. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

OK sounds good just let me know. I will be out town next week from Wednesday on but maybe he will be back before then so i can at least see what he has and what hes looking to get out of it. I am really looking for something that i can pull with my truck and my car so that is why i am going the smaller route. Shot me the pictures to my e-mail and we can communicate from there, makes it easier since it goes to my phone!!