1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB- 50# SALT in St. Louis

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by YPLLLC, Dec 6, 2008.

1. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

I am looking for the cheapest price for bagged salt in St. Louis. Due to it being December I cant seem to find any company that is taking new accounts. I would like to buy it buy the pallet as needed. Anyone got any ideas or willing to let me buy through their account?

2. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I bought a pallet from Wholesale Landscape Supply at 141 and 44 a couple weeks ago. I think i paid about 250 i didn't shop around because is so close and i do business with them in the summer.

3. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

I do a lot of business with them in the summer as well. I actually was not aware they sell salt. How many bags are one one pallet?

4. Premier

Premier Senior Member

50# bags 49 to a pallet

5. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Thank you very much

6. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Anybody else know of places in St. Louis to still get salt

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i was at scott's power equip when they were unloading their pallets...don't know about new customers though. i do business with them let me know what they say , maybe i can order and get it for you...remember there is a slight chance for bad weather mon nite into tues depending on who you believe so i may be busy and not able to help out until next storm. scotts has a store at page and in arnold...arnold is where i get my parts ect,
    steve

8. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Thanks, will call them and see what they say!!

9. 02 Stroked

02 Stroked Member

i called Scott's Power yesturday and they said that they are currently out and not sure when they are going to have more supply. i was in the home depot yesturday as well and saw that they had some pallots of salt there. you may have you bite the bullet and get it from there. they want $5.57 per 50# bag.

10. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Wholesale Landscape has it for $250 a pallet still, but since they are calling for ice and snow I bet they will run out soon. The company I am subbing for is going to let me purchase what I need from them. I think I will be good for now. Thanks for the help.

11. vincent

vincent Senior Member

T & N Inc,
    815 Hwy T,
    Foristell, MO
    636-673-2505

I priced it there about a month ago, $216/pallet.

12. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

What company are you subbing for this year?

13. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Was that the Rock Salt for $5.57 a bag, and are you sure it was 50#bags? Home Depot here has 40# bags of the RoadRunner ice melt for $5.57, but their Rock Salt was $4.57. I bought one pallet from them early this week just to make it easier to load one of our tailgate spreaders.

YPLLLC...
    In the past when I have bought bagged rock salt I've always ordered through United Rentals and nobody else came close to the price i would get it through them at. I have always ordered my bagged ice melt for sidewalks through them as well, bought 5 pallets again this year. They don't usually keep it on hand, but they take pre-season orders and then do a couple in season orders.

14. 02 Stroked

02 Stroked Member