1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 5.7 Engine

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Striper1263, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

I have a 2000 Chevy 1 ton Dump 4 x 4 that my guys blew up. ( it helps to check the oil and water every once and awhile!)

Anyway its a 5.7 litre. I need something that is heavy duty. It's my salt and plow truck.

Willing to travel. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks Guys.

Doug
    440-452-3880 cell
    tigerstriping@centurytel.net

2. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Bump, bump!!

3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I had to replace a 5.7 a couple years ago. Don't know if it was just my market but had to do some searching.

4. Holland

Holland Senior Member

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

If you're up for a conversion I have a 7.4. It's still in the truck so you can have anything you'd need with it.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

^^ That's what I would do in that situation, especially given the truck that its going in.

7. LON

LON Senior Member

8. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

Check with feezle's in Enon Valley, PA. They always have alot of trucks down there. Ill post a phone number for them in the morning.