1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 4WD shifter for 95 ford f250

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Andy's Beast, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Andy's Beast

Andy's Beast Member

My shifter for my 95 ford f250 was broken off when I bought the truck last year. Shifting into 4wd by crawling under the truck sucks! From my understanding, the part is a Borg Warner 1356. I called Ford and they want way too much for one and I have not had any luck finding one online or at a boneyard.

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I need one also there is some on ebay, how much was it from ford?

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i need one too. i think they are about 400 from ford.

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

obviously a common problem

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

its a very common thing. most people don't move the shifter during the non-winter months and it seizes at the bolt it pivots on. then when you try to force it on a cold day it cracks. be sure to use a good grease on the pivot when reinstalling and shift it every now and then throughout the year.

6. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

shifting it wont be a problem as I use the 4wd weekly almost around the farm, I just bought the truck and it was this way, but I couldnt beat a 96 f350 powerstroke 191,000 for a grand.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

yep mine was broke in my f350 when I bought it. I brought it to a local welder and he took it all apart and greased it and put a grease fitting in it for $30. I would just have it welded if you can. Mine was much stronger.

8. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Very common problem, and very expensive even from a junkyard. Try the following to try and find one:

www.car-part.com

Mine broke last year, and it was $680 CDN. I lucked out and got one from Rancho-Ford Trucks, for less than a hundred:

http://www.usedfordautoparts.com/

9. Andy's Beast

Andy's Beast Member

I am picking one up for 120 on ebay. Is it a simple swap out?

10. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Simple swap out. Have to swing into the ford dealer and grab the connector that connects the shifter to the actual lever. I think its like 2-3 bucks