1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 48" QA Pallet forks

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Mick, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I am looking for a set of Quick Attach pallet forks (Skid Steer type) for a 41hp tractor. If I can't get a good used set in a couple of days, I'll be buying new. If you have a used set in good condition or want to sell me new, let me know.

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

Mick i wish i could help w/ a used set, but i don't have any that i don't use......new i can buy a aftermarket set for $600 or a factory CaT set for $1000......hope that helps with youre price haggeling :D

Free bump anyway's

PJ

3. Mick

from Maine

Thanks, Rick. I can get new 36" - 3430lb capacity for $769 and 48" - 4000lb for $859. Initially, I was thinking the pallets would be 48"x48" and the extra length would be worth the $90, but these pallets are only 32" long. I'll have a load of approx 1700 lbs. So if I go new, I'll probably save the $90.

4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I've got a couple sets of new bradco 42" forks left. $650 I can e-mail ya a picture if you like. I don't know the weight rating on them.

5. Mick

from Maine

I'd appreciate it. Email is Mick.J.Smith@att.net

Where in Vt are you located? Do you know the thickness of the forks?

6. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

I'd go with the heavier weight rating forks. That's just me. The last set I had on the 873 bobcat was a 4000 pound rating. I bent the left fork about 1 1/2 inches down, trying to pull a 3/4 inch sleeved concrete anchor out of a sonotube. So if you are ever in doubt that a hilti or redhed concrete anchor is going to hold in concrete. It will hold. ;) That pair of forks was stolen from a jobsite about 2 years ago. Replaced with another set of bobcat 4000 pound rating. If I were to buy another pair again, I'd almost think about a pair with hydraulics that change the fork width to be closer or farther apart. Enjoy your new forks!

7. Mick

from Maine

Thanks and thanks for the advice about the anchors. Grassmanvt is too far from me, so I picked up a set of new Bradco 36" - 4000#. I've actually got several uses for them, now that I have them (funny how that works out). But mainly I got them to be moving pallets of scrap batteries which weigh approx 1700#, so I doubt if I'll be testing the forks' limit.