1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 2 Trucks From Utah Dealer

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by JohnnyRoyale, Sep 21, 2009.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Meant Idaho.

Looking to buy these two of three trucks located in Idaho-might take all three. Problem is I cant fly-no passport, and it will take me too long to get one, plus leaving for hunting trip in a few weeks.

Is anyone out that way, that can recommend a heavy mechanic to check them out. or does anyone know of such a service? These trucks are built exactly the way I want them.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=2098002&GUID=3152E6A93736409EB0C508EBC683C294

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You can get a passport in about 3 days. Go to Scarborough near the town centre. The guy that went with me got 1 in less then 1 week. It is English speaking only though.

3. JohnnyRoyale

Didnt realize you could get one so fast. I'm a bit too busy to take a few days now too.

What's english speaking only?

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That location is English speaking only. There are not many people there. The other site is 4900 Yonge St. but you will be there a few hours. They probably speak every language but English.

5. JohnnyRoyale

Thats funny. Apparantly they only speak english in the Barrie office too. All else get sent down to Scarborough. I try to avoid Scarborough as much as possible.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I haven't been there in years unless I'm passing by on the 401. How far is that from home? Are you going to have them shipped?

7. JohnnyRoyale

Its 3300 KMS. Shipping might get expensive. Will have to figure it all out before I commit to the vehicle. Building a new one (heavier spec single axle), is putting me in the low 90K range. And I stil wouldnt have a salter, bins, or flat bed. We're not into disposal, and dont clock major kms a year, so a used wouldnt be a problem. Esp at half the price. Those trucks are barely broken in, dont know how many engine hours are on them either-could be a deciding factor.

8. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

why dont you just buy one in canada??? since you are so busy and all...

9. JohnnyRoyale

I would if I could find one smarta$$. Believe me, I'd rather keep our money up here.

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

How quick do you need these checked out?

I have a friend in Idaho Falls that isn't a heavy mechanic but might no of someone who is that you could contact. I just don't know how quickly I would be able to talk to my buddy. Let me know

11. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I was just at the passport office. The only way to get it in 48 hours is with plane tickets. They need a statement saying why you need it in such a hurry. I need mine by friday and I had to pay an extra $30 for this and still make a statement and I was supposed to have plane tickets, but I told them we are driving to the states.

12. JohnnyRoyale

Still waiting for the dealer to send me full specs on the truck. May take you up on the offer. Thanks.

13. JohnnyRoyale

Thanks John. Did I ever mention I hate flying? LOL.