1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 1-ton 4x4 truck $3000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Barrakudaman, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

I'm looking for a 1 ton regular cab long box 4x4 truck for around 3k. I have a plow so i dont need one with the truck. I would like a 90-98 chevy, but will consider dodge or ford. Thanks
  2. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Would u be willing to see a 2500? I have a 91 for sale 62000 miles Needs nothing.3,100
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My buddie has a nice 98 1 ton srw Chevy 6.5 diesel. 240k miles, runs great and pushes strong. It has a Unimount truckside on it that can go with or without. He'd probably take around $3,500 or so without. I wanted to buy it but I'm not sure if I'll have the cash before the season.
  4. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

Pics of the 91 please. not interested in the 98' thanks though
  5. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

how about a truck for 5k any year
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Does it have to be a 1 ton?
  7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a 1998 GMC K3500, reg cab, long box, 5.7, 4L80E, 160k miles. Has an 8' Western Ultra Mount Pro. It's not perfect, but it's a well maintained work/plow truck. I may be getting rid of it, won't be sure for a couple weeks, but it would be in the $5000 - $5500 range with the blade. I'm in central NY, so it may be crazy to think you'd want to come this far... Just throwing it out there cuz I seem to have what you're looking for.
  8. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

might be interested in the 98' pics please. If the truck dousnt already have a plow on it, I have a blizzard 810 i want to put on the truck, So 1 ton would be best as far as blizzards website says.
  9. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

anyone? $5k
  10. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

Someone just posted a '94 f-350 for sale here. $3,500
  11. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Got a 96 F250 7.3 PSD 320k 4x4 ext cab. New trans 5k miles ago.
    Front & rear leaf springs
    Front & rear timbrens
    Optima yellow top batteries
    New paint 2 yrs ago
    Rhino lined bed & rockers

Some other stuff I could list if you're interested. Good solid truck. Has MMI mount & wiring. Plowed as a backup for 3 seasons. Approx. 200 hrs plowing.
    Got the truck stuck in the sand last year dumping leaves and heated the trans trying to get out. Blew the front seal. Actually drove it home but I was concerned I did damage so went ahead and replaced it. 3yr 100k mile warranty.

$4500 truck only
    $5500 truck & 8' MMI w/ Intensifiers & Fishstick
  12. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

13. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

pics of the 96' f-250
  14. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

please. + extra info. Motor all original with those miles?
  15. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I've got some pics in my gallery of the 96. It's black. Motor is original. Not uncommon at all for these motors really. Runs great. Obviously w/ a truck this old there are things you have to live with. For example... Shifter lever is loose, doesn't show what gear you're in. Passenger door needs new bushings (hardly gets used so I never fixed it.) Driver's seat is slumped down a little, not torn though. A/C works great if charged at the beginning of summer ($20). I had it repainted 2 years ago and the rust cut out of the rear wheel wells and replaced w/ fibered bondo. Had the wheel wells, rockers, in and around the door jambs and doors all rhino lined. There are couple spots where the rust looks like it is trying to bubble again, but I'd have to show you to see it. Also bed was reshot w/ rhino as well.
    Here's a brief list of stuff done somewhat recently.

Front/Rear leaf springs
    downpipe and 3" exhaust straight back (no muffler/cat)
    front/rear brakes
    2 Optima yellow tops
    Fuel lift pump
    triple pod gauges
    IDM module
    block heater
    Clutch Fan (still too loud, absolutely hate it but it pushes alot of air)
    Upper/Lower ball joints
    Tie rod ends
    Rear U-joints
    E40D trans 3yr 100kmile warranty (Dec. 2010) approx 5k miles ago

Tires are Cooper ??? plenty of tread. Great in snow
    4x4 is fine never had an issue w/ it.

Plow is solid. Put Intensifier lights on it a couple years ago. Has Prowings. Fishstick controller. I have a new 8611 on my '11 F350 so I push with that 99% of the time. This truck got used last year w/ the big storm but for the most part just sat backup. If you're interested further drop me a PM and I'll get you my contact info and we can discuss. It's easier to talk about it via telephone than try to list every detail here. It's a solid 7.3. Put alot of maintenance stuff into the truck the last few years. It's used everyday in the lawncare end of things by me. I'm not really trying to sell it because for what I'm asking I'll have to put money towards a new truck. I know what I have with this truck. Just saw your listing and thought it may interest you.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  16. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Check out my album Titled "2010-11" It has a couple shots of the black truck and Fisher. Lettering has been on for 2 yrs now. I can have it removed and buffed. Paint is PPG automotive professional. It's a quality paint job.
  17. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

Bought a truck today. thread can be deleted. thanks for the info on all the trucks. delete