1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wrong prediction. Again!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Feb 14, 2007.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Well, from 12" to maybe 2" at the North Shore in MA. Not good. I just hope there is enough snow so I can plow. Congratulations NH
  2. Nepatsfn

Nepatsfn Junior Member
    from NH

Thank you, got about 5 inchs and snowing HARD right now:D
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

we are really close to the "ify" zone, where its really close to three different precipitation lines but from the looks of it now, we are gonna get a pretty decent amount!!!!

btw, yes, i made up the "ify" zone
  4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That freezing rain line is staying much more south than they were thinking early this morning. We have gone up 2 degrees since 3 AM today. We have about 3" on theground now. It is slippery out there. Everyone be careful. I slipped on some stairsand now have a nice big welt on my knee.
  5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

The temp has risen 10 degrees here (Coastal Maine) since 9am. YIKES!!!

The only good thing is that it's still only 20 deg. A couple more inches and I'll be out plowing.
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

We have about 3" of snow/sleet here, it's 20* so nothing's melting!:D It's mostly sleet, so it's packing really hard, but the quad is having no trouble pushing it at all!:nod: They say 3-6" accumulation by the time it ends tonight...I got the day off School today!:bluebounc
  7. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

Congrats! to those of you who get to plow and make some money. We here by the canal have been shut out again. Had the ice/sleet early this morning. Currently it is 36 degrees and pouring. I just can't win.
  8. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

currently 20 degrees, and a wrong prediction again thos bastards, saying we will get 6-10 well try maybe 2 1/2 of just sleet
  9. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

Can't win in Union- Stafford area either,, All freezing rain and barely a dusting.
  10. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Plow is getting stored for the season tomorrow. I have had enough of this Bullsh!t!
  11. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

Nothing, just some slush here in Plymouth. Raining like a ******* now:cry:
  12. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Got about 1" in Foxboro before turning to crap.:cry: Lots got sanded and scraped. Will have to sand again tomorrow morning after the big freeze. Decided to do the driveways also. The residentials have not been done yet this year so I figured why not.payup What a joke :realmad:
  13. mufman

mufman Junior Member

In Chantilly VA we got 2+ (was up to 4 before a little rain) It is so heavy it pushes like a foot or more. This is one time we got burned by the "per inch" so it is a good thing we got 3 pushes and 3 applications (I have to go back out in 10 min to do the third). I haven't slept in over 36 hours. I hope I can be done by midnight but with one truck down it is unlikely.
  14. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Thats awesome :drinkup:
  15. MRNYC

MRNYC Junior Member

Finally Nyc

5 Inches In Nyc Today Got A Litlle Ice And Pushed Allday Long Thank God Imagine Happy With One Dam Storm What A Winter To Forget
  16. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

It feels like we're just getting started. 2nd and 3rd plow of the season for us. Pretty much it takes me the first few storms to get comfortable.. Now this winter is prolly over and next winter we can start over again...great. hopefully before February.

Why couldn't those green house gases cause global cooling?