1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

*********** wreckless drivers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lodogg89, Feb 24, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Well im screwed, was on my way home and it began to sleet and hail, road instantly turned bad and cars started sliding in the ditch, i watched a car slide into a pole so i pulled over to help and someone smashed into the back of my truck, probably totaled it, we are suppose to get 6-8 inches tonight as well. i dont have a back up truck either.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Dang, sorry to hear about your truck. Hope everything works out for you with the snow fall.

3. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

sorry for your loss maybe you should have rethought about stopping where everyone
    was crashing...:dizzy:

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

can the truck be used at all? if not, then i have a feeling that toro is about to get one he** of a workout! Really sucks that people are idiots driving, no matter what the weather!

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It sucks when you try to help someone out and then get messed up your self. Sorry to hear about it. Hope everything works out for the better.

6. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Ya know it sound real cruel but I learned my lesson years ago. If they're in a ditch let the cops find/help them. I spent a good amount of time helping out someone once and all i got was a goodbye-not even thanks. Screw-em. When I get stuck nobody but my own people help me out-not even tow comanies are available when I get stuck.
    Around here you can get a ticket for puuling someone out.

7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i was pulling them out, i was making sure they were alive, their car got the back end ripped off by a pole, i guess thats what i get for trying to help someone though

8. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Bad Things Happen...

Dont give up, They say Bad Things Happen to Good People!
    Personally I think people suck but I still stop to help.lol
    I could go on and on but if it was someone we cared for in the ditch or smashed into the pole we would be thankful someone stopped...

9. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

sorry to hear about your truck. I hope someone near you can lend a hand.

10. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Yeah its a real OUCH!! To see nice truck go totaled..

Yep I helped lagon out on his snow jobs!

11. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

all i can say you gotta be safe before you try to help someone else

12. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Is your truck the one that people on here were saying was too good to be a plow truck? Hope the other driver has good insurance.

13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry to hear about that! Hope everything works out for the best!!