1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wreckless Driver on My Driveway

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeereFarmer, Feb 24, 2007.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I have about had it with people all together. I live on a private road with two houses on it now and two more in the process of being built. I do all the plowing and work on the road and all driveways. All together it is about 1.5 miles. I love doing it because no other plow guy will screw it all up and we don't have to pay for it!!! We got a surprise storm yesterday morning that caught me off guard. I over slepted and went straight to my other customers before doing the road. When I got back they had brought some heavy trucks to the new house and the road was packed down. I managed to get almost all of it off except for a slight hill that goes to the main road. It is probably an 8 foot hill. I can hardly even notice it. I didn't salt it because none of my neighbors will caugh up the money for it. Well this morning one of the builders went flying by my house (at about 40 on a gravel private road), went to put his brakes on going down the hill, slid across the paved road into the snow bank across the road. I saw it happen, so I went outside and asked if he needed any help. He was completley stuck. He was really nice about it, so I towed him out with the tractor. As soon as he is out of the bank he starts giving me crap about how I should take better care of the road, it was my fault, and if there had been damage he would have sued my a_ _. I told him to slow down and walked away. I hate people sometimes! should have charged him $85 to pull him out. I talked to the owner of the house they are building and he said not to worry about it. He said it is the cleanest road in our town everytime it snows, so that made me feel better.
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

3. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

FTO dont worry about it you did your job the best you could, and as for the speeder in your driveway some people are just a$$holes.
  4. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Jerk! should have left him stuck.
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah dude, try to prove I was responsible for snow removal and salting !
    I plow my own street too, the councilman told me that the City does not encourage it, but no policeman will ticket you for it as long as your amber beacon is operating. I take 3 passes up and down and my section of the street is cleared. The dude you rescued is an idiot, you pull him out and he threatens you. He should of given you $20 and Thanked You.
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

We'll hell be back on site tomorrow, so we'll see if we can get some snow and just accidentally cover his car.:D
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get this!
    I plowed my neighbors drive that's right next to mine in the Blizzard of 07.
    . Mine's cement and his is gravel.
    They moved into another house so they are not there much now, it's for sale.
    He came over and BITCHED that I plowed the drive! He came over to shovel the drive.
    Now, who complains about a free plow job?
    I moved about a 2 gallon bucket of gravel around with the snow.
    What a Idiot!
    Next time, I will plow a pile in front of his drive!
  8. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

I never plow anybody driveway with out asking. I did the same thing as you a long time ago, my neighbors were very old and thought it would be nice to help the guy out so I plowed his driveway for him. His wife came out and yelled at me for doing it saying " your not going to charge me for that because I am not paying!" I was doing it for free and I told her so, but after that I never plow anything for free or unasked. I found out in short order that you have to watch ever move you make and never assumer that someones going to want your help.
  9. prizeprop

prizeprop Senior Member

Its really terrible, you cant even be a good person to others these days.I rarely do favors such as plowing anymore these days because the risk is too great.Especially with plowing, one wrong move such as clipping a belgium block, apron or lawn, not to mention a garage door and your responsible and they will make you pay to repair even when you were doing it for free.
  10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I wish you accidentally covered his mouth with your fist, boy what a jerk. Some people can't own up to to fact when it's their own fault. They have to blame someone else for there own stupidity. :realmad:
  11. Winterized

Winterized Senior Member

Everything is ALWAYS written up. Even the freebies for the neighbors. They sign it, and I keep it on file. Yes... a good lawyer and it means nothing. But at least I'm going through the motions.