1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wrecked plow w/pics

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wiseguyslawn, Feb 25, 2009.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

Bought this from the salvage auction due to the uncle having the license and builds wrecks for a living gave 6900 for the whole set up. Not sure what to do w/the plow. Mount on truck is good along with having the wiring and controller.

plow 1.jpg

plow 5.jpg

plow 2.jpg

truck 3.jpg

plow 7.jpg

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Ouch- What did it hit?

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i dont see anything wrong with the plow, heck its not solid rust so it already looks better than half the plows out their.
    i would try parting out he good parts of the plow, those headlights still look good, not sure about the pump though.

4. wiseguyslawn

I have no idea what was hit. seems he hit somethin solid intransport and then ran it over. Truck needs a gear box has no steering. Lights are good and the pump appears to be good as well. I planned on heating up the blade and see what I can do bottom cutting edge has a small wave in it.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Nice buy..

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

How many miles? Is that all the body damage it has? I think you got a heck of a deal there... part the plow or who knows you can maybe salvage it and get some use out of it!

7. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Not sure if it's just the pic but the gap between the front fender and the door look tight.

8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

That Ford doesnt even look that bad, Heck many companies around here wouldnt even bother fixing it if its just a work truck.

9. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

axle looks messed up to me...

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

awesome find man, i would have bought it too.

11. procut

procut Senior Member

Looks like a good deal to me, truck hardy appears to have any damage. Good luck with it!

12. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Here in mn we hit mosqitos that cause more damage

13. wiseguyslawn

thanks fellas, I'm pretty excited about it. Its an 08 gas, with 16,000 miles. looked at the frame for the plow again today and its pretty twisted up, might try and fix the blade , keep the pump and lights, rest of it scrap. Springs are good too. Truck needs left fender, left headlight, gear box, and front bumper.around a 1000 in parts

14. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I was just gonna say...The plow is scrap. The pump and lights may be ok, though. get the truck in to a frame shop, and see if the frame is bent.

15. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Um, if the insurance company totaled it there's a reason......

The fender is shifted back on the drivers side and the bumper is pushed in, looks like the frame may have been tweeked on the truck. If that trucks an automatic, have the tranny checked out well, it's likely got some issues.

I don;t know what some of these guys are looking at relating to the plow- I don;t know what that brand's headgear is supposed to look like, but the moldboard is scrap. Hit that hard I would suspect not only the trucks frame to be bent but the plow frame too.
    After looking at the last picture of the plow again I can see the angle was driven into the headgear (left angle ram broken off too) and is bent- probably able to fix the headgear lift frame, but the plow side is toast.
    I'm no expert in those things, but the plow may be an (also came with) to part out.

16. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I agree with Justme-. There is no way that truck is ok if the plow sustained that much damage! The frame must be wrecked! I don't know how much money it will take to fix but I'm guessing a-lot. Hate to rain on this parade but what did you really buy? Wrecked plow and wrecked truck.

17. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i would get it on a frame machine and see it the frame is bend

18. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Even if the truck is f-ed 98% of that can be parted out and you could have nearly enought for a brand new one!

For starters, Ill take the bed!

19. wiseguyslawn

No one is raining on my parade. My uncle who has been in busniess for years owns the body shop which has 2 frame machines, paint booth, full staff get great deals on parts and labor. As you are right he was reluctant to give me the truck due to he is in the process of fixing 2 other 08 super duty's. Front alone is worth $3,500. Told me today going down the road fixed no more than 10k. I was pumped

20. wiseguyslawn

Forgot to mention when I got my 05 king ranch a year and a half ago, had 21k on the diesel. Was a complete rollover. Put a new cab on it. Fixed 20k down the road. I can refer anyone to him and provide you his number. Currently there will be an 08 f250 superduty extended cab shortbed gas lariat for sale in a coupe weeks. Needed a front.