1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wrangler vs ram charger

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by rsails, Mar 11, 2010.

1. rsails

rsails Junior Member

Looking for advice.

I have the chance to pick up either a 90 ram charger or a 97 jeep wrangler. Both are in good condition with low miles.

Trying to decide which would be the best driveway and small parking lot plow vehicle

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you decide to go with the Ramcharger shoot me a Email about the Wrangler.

3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

For the best plowing........the Ram Charger. For plowing and some fun in the summer........the Wrangler!

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The driveline of the ramcharger is much better than the Jeep. It all depends on what you are going to be doing.... Watch out for the ramcharger body mounts. These will melt away from the inside out!!! If the Jeep is auto and 4.0 ho then it might be the winner in my books. 97=TJ right???

Also look for the availbility of plows .... Jeep plows will be $$$ in comparison to the Dodge. Any plow from the w 150-350 should work fine!!!!

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Define small lot.......

6. rsails

rsails Junior Member

small lot

35 parking spots

7. rsails

rsails Junior Member

I was planning on putting a snowway on the RamCharger

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Smart man:cool: you can put a Snoway on either one of them:nod:

9. Snow-Con

Snow-Con Member

I've always wanted a Ramcharger.

I've got nothing to offer the discussion, but I did want to mention how fond I am of those ugly beasts!

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great post:nod:

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I thought I was going to get a Plymouth Trailduster when I was in High School. It was an ugly green and white. What a beauty.

Sno-Way on the Ramcharger sounds like the way to go. Look at the Vee plows :nod:

12. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

A older Lobo might work. The hard part might be the mounting kit.... The Mega would be way too much blade!!!

A Ebling would be awsome on that truck!!!

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

A Sno-Way Mega is pretty heavy at 930#. But a Boss 7-6 Vee at 700# would be fine.

14. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Wrangler, just for the fact that stock and upgrade parts are plentiful.

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think we have that mount in stock:eek:

16. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

I know guys do it, but I can't imagine plowing with a Wrangler. I had an '01 and it just didn't have enough weight to be a work horse like a RamCharger would be.

Also, '97 was the first year of the TJ...

Just my $0.02.