1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wrangler Unlimited plow - What to get

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by rduvally, Oct 18, 2010.

1. rduvally

rduvally Junior Member
    from MASS

I have an '09 wrangler unlimited and am interested in getting setup with a plow for doing residential driveways. I am wondering what is the best type to get for the value. HELP....

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Biggest bang for the buck Snowdogg, However the best suited for your purposes, Snoway. Snowdogg is heavier and chain lift, Snoway is easier on your front end, requires less ballast and has the benefit of down pressure to provide a cleaner scrape and better backdragging.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

A dealer that is near you (unless you can fix it) and at least 7' wide. for residential back dragging is critical so a Snoway or backdrag edge on what ever you get

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod: The most important, I should have mentioned that:eek:

5. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

6. theplowmeister

from MA

I have used Fisher and boss plows, both are good quality.

I have not used one, I have a friend with a Meyer plow that I repair ...... a lot

7. snowangel13

snowangel13 Junior Member
    from chicago

I have a 2009 4 Dr Jeep Rubicon and I put a Snoway 22 on it. It works great and the down pressure is a real plus.

8. Rob From APE

Rob From APE Junior Member

Also check out the Hiniker 700 series. We have alot of them out there on Jeeps with good luck. It is listed as their homeowner plow but is a heavy duty plow.

9. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Look into the snowdog love mine .And some day i willbe moving it over to jeep.Great plow for money works well i have owen fisher ,meyer,curtis and snowdogg.

10. rduvally

rduvally Junior Member
    from MASS

I have kind of settled on to snow dogg looking into a couple used and also new. I am between the MD 68 and MD 75. Snow dogg says the MD 75 is find for an unlimited but I don't want to get and find it's too big. Anyone with experience have any input on either model?

11. theplowmeister

from MA

you will find the 68 too small as soon as you turn the steering wheel your rear tires will run over the snow bank, especially if you angle the plow.

remember when you angle the plow the path it cuts is narrower.

you can push a 75 just fine.

12. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

i had a 7'6'' snoway 22 series on my 2004 jeep wrangler.... For driveways i wouldnt suggest anything else. I know 3 other people with jeeps with plows, one has a fisher homesteader, a snowbear, and another snoway 22 series... Snoway is nice... But remember its not a commercial plow....and dont go with the 6'8'' .... extra 100 bucks and get the 7'6''...

13. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I got the 68 because of driveway size i do.I could have gotten the 75 but you dont needed it .Big is not always better.It only affects the first push when you angle blade and reverse.If you watch half of the people plow on here the videos and where your from the still back over piles.If you want it get it my 2cents.Its not about speed is it ,its about a good plow job.